Hsc 2009 Dates (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

friction

HSC
Re: Do I really need a tutor to get good UAI?

I did pretty much your subjects and i am aiming for mid-high 90s. I go to a school in the 200s and my teachers are shocking and you still odnt need tutoring.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC

midifile said:
Or am I just mistaken?
mmm my bad, i was just being general. sure there's kids who can do it without any help, but in most cases u need tutoring. hell, i'll even change my stance and say even those in top 100 schools need it... i can't think of a single person who is aiming for 99+, goes top 100 and doesn't do tutoring (and these are people who are aiming for med and law)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

Rhanoct said:
mmm my bad, i was just being general. sure there's kids who can do it without any help, but in most cases u need tutoring. hell, i'll even change my stance and say even those in top 100 schools need it... i can't think of a single person who is aiming for 99+, goes top 100 and doesn't do tutoring (and these are people who are aiming for med and law)
I agree with you that it is hard, and some people who get 10+ hours of tutoring a week would still never even dream of getting a UAI in the high 90's, however it is do-able.

Whether or not you need a tutor depends on the individual (but as like you said, a majority of people aiming for 99+ do have some form of tutoring)

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC

Rhanoct said:
I know two people who are trying to get into med and neither of them have tutoring. I spose though here where we live most peoples parents dont run around paying for tutors.

studentcheese

HSC

If you have a crap teacher, then get a tutor.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

I say that if you're motivated enough to study a bunch yourself and you understand what you're learning then no tutroing is not a necessity.

Taskan

HSC

my brother did adv. eng, 4u maths, chem and physics as well as ancient history, and SORI (catholic school), and got 99.25 without a tutor, and thats cos english screwed him over

Just.Snaz

HSC

Taskan said:
my brother did adv. eng, 4u maths, chem and physics as well as ancient history, and SORI (catholic school), and got 99.25 without a tutor, and thats cos english screwed him over
Guess he needed an english tutor then :p

2700wrms

HSC

if your already worrying about getting a UAI of 100, made my hat goes off to you.

People like you are ruining our society, that was once so patriotic, enjoyable to be apart of, now, utimately ruined by individuals like yourself. Thinking its a 'funny joke' to claim a 100 UAI, a sort of claim that only 0.01% of the 68000 students of your HSC year care about. If you told me you got 100 in your UAI I wouldn't be impressed at all, I would think your an aboslute dweeb. A person opposite me got 99.8, and I bet you would like me to tell you how he ended up, jeez might be time to pull out my dads semi and blast a few shells through his crapbox ride, that how concered I am about this.

100 UAI = social isolation, a person termed as a 'geek', a person who regularly attends the BoS forums, a person with no sense of humour let alone common fkn sense.

Lachy13

HSC

although getting that top mark of 100 is to acertain extent what every one aims for realistically even if you reach that "pinacle" its worth is minimal mabye you can do medicine but within 2 weeks everyone has forgotten and you becoem a worthless c-unt who may succeed at uni if lucky other than that you 2 years have been wasted fucking isolating yourself from peopel and teh community to be left with what a fuc-ing UAI good on you mate.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

Lachy13 said:
although getting that top mark of 100 is to acertain extent what every one aims for realistically even if you reach that "pinacle" its worth is minimal mabye you can do medicine but within 2 weeks everyone has forgotten and you becoem a worthless c-unt who may succeed at uni if lucky other than that you 2 years have been wasted fucking isolating yourself from peopel and teh community to be left with what a fuc-ing UAI good on you mate.
Good luck in life

You seem like you'll be ultra successful

r.uss

HSC

midifile said:
Good luck in life

You seem like you'll be ultra successful

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH! Its true. I can't believe people are making excuses for their useless results before they've even come out!

Back to thread: get a tutor if your teacher isnt competent.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC

Its a self fulfilling prophecy, you think that having a tutor will help you, so you tend to study harder/pay more attention.

So in the end, its up to you, kiddo

Jess491

HSC

some ppl have paid out getting a uai of 100, but i reckon that if u achieved that "ultimate uai" then that is an achievement that you keep forever. realistically if u get the uai to get into the course u want, then thats all you need. But every single person who pays you out for wanting 100 or possibly achieving it, is simply jealous.
as for tutoring, consider your teachers as your personal tutors, send them essays as often as you want, as for maths, take all of your problems to the teacher for help.
My friend has a maths tutor and she still barely passes 3 u maths
but i do 4 u maths and i dont have a tutor, so if your dumb, there is only so much that a tutor can do to help you, and if your brilliant, wouldn't u rather do it on your own and when uu get that uai, know that it is your own achievement.

kevsun92

HSC

Jess491 said:
but i do 4 u maths and i dont have a tutor, so if your dumb, there is only so much that a tutor can do to help you, and if your brilliant, wouldn't u rather do it on your own and when uu get that uai, know that it is your own achievement.
true, its just all the the ads make me feeling nervous, even people go to school like north sydney boys/girls, still getting turtoring, so maybe i need it as well? But im not even aiming for 95+ above 90 well be fine.

mikeal0102

HSC

Well its really up to what subjects you want tutors for and what you expect them to do. For english for example there r tutors which act as secondary teachers and go over the syllabus with you and there are those english tutors who write ur essays for you ..... the latter i find unfair but what can you do the HSC is a business. It also comes down to how many tutors you want and if u can afford them i heard some can be quite expensive. If ur lucky (which i am so glad i was) your Teachers could be your tutors which will save u money as they know ur strengths and weaknesses in that particular subject. If ur particularly bad at a subject i dont think a tutor would hurt, they may even help boost your marks so in that respect a tutor would be helpful. Those are my thoughts

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad

No... I believe you can do well without one... I know someone who got a great UAI of 88... I don't know if that's even great for you but... they did it alone without anyone.. so if you work diligently your very much capable of that okay...:wave:

u-borat

Banned
HSC

well basically, without a tutor, you can't achieve higher than 90 UAI, proven FACT.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

It's possible, but I doubt in the OP's case, seeing as this thread exists etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)