• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC 2015 MX1 Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

leehuan

HSC
Re: HSC 2015 3U Marathon

Yes it is, cause I had to do the induction proof before.

leehuan

HSC

You may choose to use combinatoric notation in the 3U marathon.

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A

You may choose to use combinatoric notation in the 3U marathon.
The royal flush IS a straight flush. It is an ace-high straight flush.
Only pub gambling machines treat it as being distinct from a straight flush.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

A major supplier of mobile devices supplies a range which come with 8 choices of casing color and 15 choices of cover designs. The devices can be paired such that any of the 8 color choices goes with any of the 15 cover designs, for a distinctive look.

A group of 6 friends all wish to buy the same device, however, they will each choose a different color and case configuration so that they can see at a glance which device belongs to which person. How many different configurations are there for the entire set of 6 devices (each one has an independent configuration and the order is important)

My thinking was somewhere along the lines of, the first selection has 8 choices in terms of casing colour and 15 choices of cover designs. After the initial person has selected his option, the second person has 1 less choice in terms of casing color and cover design.

Last edited:

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

Second part to this question,

b) A set of 5 team devices for train ticket inspectors needs to be purchased. The team devices need to have a common cover design. Given that the devices need to be able to be identified so that each team member knows which one is theirs, how many possible team sets can be configured?

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

Can you graph an inverse trig function, in the case consider y=sin^-1 (x) from, a range from [Pi/2, 3Pi/2]?with the same domain values [-1,1]

This is based on what I have read:

"A function that has an inverse has exactly one output (belonging to the range) for every input (belonging to the domain) "

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC

Can you graph an inverse trig function, in the case consider y=sin^-1 (x) from, a range from [Pi/2, 3Pi/2]?with the same domain values [-1,1]

This is based on what I have read:

"A function that has an inverse has exactly one output (belonging to the range) for every input (belonging to the domain) "
Functions that are periodic can only have partial inverses. We restrict the range of to so that it can have a defined inverse.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

Just wondering if the step in the 3rd line is correct? I watched a video off Youtube (not sure what their credentials are) and compared it with a comment I recently heard from a lecturer, in that he mentions that when integrating 'the terms must be all the same'. (e.g. dx must be integrated with x, du must be integrated with u terms)

leehuan

HSC

I would've gone straight from line 2 to line 4 if I were doing integration by substitution. But it's not hard to really just go from the first line to the last line. It's just integrating f'(x).(f(x))^n

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I would've gone straight from line 2 to line 4 if I were doing integration by substitution. But it's not hard to really just go from the first line to the last line. It's just integrating f'(x).(f(x))^n
It still doesn't quite answer my question, is that 3rd line an allowable step in the integration by substitution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)