HSC 2015 MX1 Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Re: HSC 2015 3U Marathon

0.7901 in betting odds is around $1.26 to win a match (In terms of TAB or Betfair odds)

it makes sense because if Novak is 2/3 ($1.50 to win a set), usually the better player will win the match over longer sets.

trumanblack

HSC
N/A

Q. A person walking alonga straight road observes a tower bearing 045degreesT, the angle of elevation being 6degrees. After traveling a distance of 5000m, the tower beares 315degreesT and the angle of elevation is 8degrees.
a) Find the height of the tower (to 0.1m)
b) Determine the angle which the road makes with a line bearing 090degreesT

Part a is okay but I can't visualise part b

For reference, question is from BHHS 1996 trial paper - but the solution to b) is messy and slightly cut off

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I got stumped by this projectile motion question tonight. Not going to look at the solution as I find discussing it with others more learner friendly.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

I got stumped by this projectile motion question tonight. Not going to look at the solution as I find discussing it with others more learner friendly.

If I recall correctly, the earlier parts help.

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I might have to get a personal tutor, still not good enough at cracking the last questions..........and in terms of time , I'm not answering these questions efficiently enough

braintic

HSC
N/A

part (ii)

I have uploaded my screenshot. Feel free if anyone sees any error in my work to correct me

A more symmetrical calculation:

5C3 × (2/3)³ × (1/3)²

+ 5C4 × (2/3)^4 × (1/3)^1

+ 5C5 × (2/3)^5 × (1/3)^0

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A

I just had another attempt at that question 7b (iii) this morning, someone tell me where I am going wrong, I guess I'm still a bit confused about the angles used. Going to wave the white flag towards this question, if anyone has more helpful advice show it.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

I just had another attempt at that question 7b (iii) this morning, someone tell me where I am going wrong, I guess I'm still a bit confused about the angles used. Going to wave the white flag towards this question, if anyone has more helpful advice show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)