HSC 2015 MX2 Marathon ADVANCED (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lita1000

HSC
Re: HSC 2015 4U Marathon - Advanced Level

Okay, but in that case the question doesn't belong in the advanced thread, should be in the normal 4U thread.

Dan why did u break the question up into parts? It might've been a nice question if u didn't spoon feed (like the HSC unfortunately). Here's a hard one:

because I can. also it was originally two separate questions. (parts 3-5 were originally separate question but required that the first two parts be done anyway). Hold on I'll edit it.

and i'll see if I can do your question, just maybe not straight away at this time of night
Bump

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

I reckon you should even take out the part where they say "Show that V= blah blah blah".
Okay, but in that case the question doesn't belong in the advanced thread, should be in the normal 4U thread.
why? I will edit it down if you really want to. But this thread is for Q16 material of which this question is, even if it leads you a little bit. (The first two parts yes do belong in the other thread, but because they are part of the one question, I'd thought I'd be nice and leave them in).

I know you want a challenging question. I will edit it if you must when LATEX is stuffing up. (I will edit out the specific expression. This is a middle question, harder than last years 2014 HSC question but probably easier than some others.

And yes, people can also attempt yours... if they want a even more difficult one.

Last edited:

Physicklad

HSC

One hundred people line up to board an airplane. Each has a boarding pass with
assigned seat. However, the first person to board has lost his boarding pass and takes a random
seat. After that, each person takes the assigned seat if it is unoccupied, and one of unoccupied
seats at random otherwise. What is the probability that the last person to board gets to sit in
his assigned seat?

absolute fire

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad

One hundred people line up to board an airplane. Each has a boarding pass with
assigned seat. However, the first person to board has lost his boarding pass and takes a random
seat. After that, each person takes the assigned seat if it is unoccupied, and one of unoccupied
seats at random otherwise. What is the probability that the last person to board gets to sit in
his assigned seat?

absolute fire
can I assume there are 100 seats on the plane?

Drsoccerball

HSC

I think this is the answer:

Physicklad

HSC

haha nice

this one's beautiful but it still makes no sense to me-->

"Look at the situation when the k’th passenger enters. Neither of the previous passengers
showed any preference for the k’th seat vs. the seat of the first passenger. This in particular is
true when k = n. But the n’th passenger can only occupy his seat or the first passenger’s seat.
Therefore the probability is 1/2."

lita1000

HSC

Dan why did u break the question up into parts? It might've been a nice question if u didn't spoon feed (like the HSC unfortunately). Here's a hard one:

Bump

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

haha nice

this one's beautiful but it still makes no sense to me-->

"Look at the situation when the k’th passenger enters. Neither of the previous passengers
showed any preference for the k’th seat vs. the seat of the first passenger. This in particular is
true when k = n. But the n’th passenger can only occupy his seat or the first passenger’s seat.
Therefore the probability is 1/2."
It's just saying that when the n'th passenger enters, the only possible seats left will be his own or the first person's. Both cases are equally likely so it's just 1/2.

awesome-0_4000

HSC
N/A

Edit: The first (b)(iii) should be labeled (b)(ii) and the coefficient in front of the integral expression for a_n should be \frac{1}{\pi}.

Last edited:

psyc1011

#truth
HSC

Are you posting your homework?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Easy. How is this 4u Advanced Level? Are you trolling? I dont even do 4u and i got it.

you prove the 3 corner triangles are congruent through SSS and then that means by matching angles of congruent triangles the corner angles are all equal, and since the sum of the angles of a triangle = 180 degrees, each angle is 180/3 = 60 degrees. Which is an equilateral tringle
How did you get the SSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)