HSC 2023 (1 Viewer)

Studysweat

HSC
I currently do Standard Maths/Eng, Business, Bio, Investigating, Sor 1.

Just wondering how hard is it to achieve an Atar of 75+ with these subjects they are pretty mid in terms of scaling but I kinda just wanna see from another person who has had a experience with my chosen subjects on what it would take to achieve an ATAR of 75+.

Cliiton

HSC
Easy as fuck just don’t fail and perform a little above average in the cohort.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
u can def get a high atar with any subject combo as long as u excel in those subjects. if u do badly in 'smart' subjects, its equally as possible that ur not gonna get a high atar. so just do ur best and see how it goesss

Studysweat

HSC
Ahh ok I was kinda worried because of the ATAR Calculators like MATRIX had me stressing.

Lets say I get 2-3 band 5s or 6s what possible ATAR could I be looking at seeing I did mid on everything else?

Cliiton

HSC
Ahh ok I was kinda worried because of the ATAR Calculators like MATRIX had me stressing.

Lets say I get 2-3 band 5s or 6s what possible ATAR could I be looking at seeing I did mid on everything else?
High 80 probably

Studysweat

HSC
High 80 probably
These trials and that got me stressing lol. In theory if I mess up my internal assesments how badly would that hurt me cause for some subjects I did mid and am hoping I bring it back in the HSC. My school was ranked 284 last year for HSC.

bigman19191

HSC
These trials and that got me stressing lol. In theory if I mess up my internal assesments how badly would that hurt me cause for some subjects I did mid and am hoping I bring it back in the HSC. My school was ranked 284 last year for HSC.
what are your internal ranks? You'd have to do exceptionally bad to get an atar below 75 (i'm talking around getting 60-70 range for each of your subjects).

Studysweat

HSC
what are your internal ranks? You'd have to do exceptionally bad to get an atar below 75 (i'm talking around getting 60-70 range for each of your subjects).

Based off my half yearly sor 1 was 24/95, 39/114 for english, 6/23 for investigating, 35/86 for math, business and biology were kinda low but that was based off the first exam business I brought it back ranked like 12th in exam 2 and bio brought it back ranked 30th out of like 60 something people

bigman19191

HSC
Based off my half yearly sor 1 was 24/95, 39/114 for english, 6/23 for investigating, 35/86 for math, business and biology were kinda low but that was based off the first exam business I brought it back ranked like 12th in exam 2 and bio brought it back ranked 30th out of like 60 something people
by benchmarking your ranks with those that i knew who went to schools ranked within the 200ths, you're probably sitting at a mid - high 70

nsw..wollongong

HSC

nooo get off that website, a lot of the time they're inaccurate. if u rlly wanna see what ur atar would look like, the uac compass is a better option
like say this is how u do:Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 6.45.25 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-08-02 at 6.45.31 pm.png

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
I currently do Standard Maths/Eng, Business, Bio, Investigating, Sor 1.

Just wondering how hard is it to achieve an Atar of 75+ with these subjects they are pretty mid in terms of scaling but I kinda just wanna see from another person who has had a experience with my chosen subjects on what it would take to achieve an ATAR of 75+.
So standard math and standard English is a pretty bad combo.
The fact that you've got bio and investigation is good, and business and SOR are pretty average.

If you get 80/100 in every course you UAC ATAR estimate is about ~78, if you get 70/100 in every course you UAC ATAR falls to ~58. Given that your course ranks are quite good if your exams go well you can probably expect high 70's, if they go poorly you can expect low 70's. My suspicion is that you're unlikely to break into the mid 60's even if all your exams are quite bad because your ranks are quite decent.

HSC
N/A
So standard math and standard English is a pretty bad combo.
The fact that you've got bio and investigation is good, and business and SOR are pretty average.

If you get 80/100 in every course you UAC ATAR estimate is about ~78, if you get 70/100 in every course you UAC ATAR falls to ~58. Given that your course ranks are quite good if your exams go well you can probably expect high 70's, if they go poorly you can expect low 70's. My suspicion is that you're unlikely to break into the mid 60's even if all your exams are quite bad because your ranks are quite decent.
putting too much on atar
u wont even use like 90% of this stuff you learn???
u focus too much on the nitty gritty academics which dont actual mean an actual job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)