HSC Advice Line - What Do You Think? (1 Viewer)

spannar

havent called them up yet. but i think i will be once i start studying for legal or chem. especially chem!!

im so crap with the calculations. why? due to bludging my way through yr 11!! :(

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
VERY helpfull

They helped me out a heap with modern and legal

T

tactic

look out...
you cant say what you think any more these days...

or you might get sued.....

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Haven't yet, but...
One of my friends use the line very often (doesn't come to this site :mad1: ) He says they can explain it thoroughly most of the time (unless you happebn to get a guy who doesn't know about the question)

schwang_thang

ill b the 1st 2 say that the hsc advice line is ok...but i rekon u shd b a bit weary depending on ur qstns

like i asked abt english, n when i told my teacher at school n the eng coordinator what she sed, they told me that she was wrong cos she was giving me stuff from the old syllabus n that it wud b almost irrelevant 2 our syllabus! so yeah

just b careful guys :)

Duckman

yeah one of freinds rang up for english bout king lear and person she talked to had no idea bout it but ah, maybe she was asking the wrong questions :p

eagle4

HSC
N/A
i havent called them yet, cause when i was looking at the topics they cover they do no do engineering sudies!!!! i recon this is the rarest subject!!! there are no study guides on it, no help line topics on it, even on this site check out how much stuff there si on engineering stuies compared to the other subjects,
i feel neglected!!!

eagle4:mad:

Milly

It's good as long as you have very specific questions. They don't seem very willing to discuss things with you.

ben

it's pretty good.

is it just me or the line quality really bad?

natt

yeh i have to agree the operator lady sounded like she was whispering and ruffling a chip packet, other than taht its all good!:p

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
help help help!!!

i rang up for English. and whoever said they aren't good for english / they dont discuss with you, THEY ARE RIGHT??!?!

i rang up to see about the distribution of texts in the change essay and she didn't even answer my question, just kept saying "make sure you link it back to the question" in this weird drugged chimpmunk voice. and im like HELLL Of course I KNOW THAT

and i dont want to ring back in case i get the same lady. then i'd feel bad...

ben

I was going to ring up about the distribution of texts! I'm having so much trouble with fitting anything in in 40 minutes.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
yeah i know

i wrote 2 pages on each prescribed poem. then i had to match with for my others and i didnt get onto my final text in the time.

arcarsenal

I tried using it on the public holiday Monday and they were closed. I think I automatically should get an extra 10 marks for each subject because I studied on a public holiday when even the board of studies decided they weren't going to help students on that day. Did they think every student in the state was going to drop their pens and books just because it was a public holiday?

Milly

The teachers probably didn't want to work on the public holiday, I can understand that.

Duckman

more to the point BOS prolly didnt want the teachers to work on a public holiday for the simple fact the teachers would have had to be paid more, its a sad fact this world revovles around money

HSC
I finally got on this afternoon, and it wasn't bad.

They answered all queries alright, although there were times I wanted to say "shut up! you're not answering the fucking question" or "you just said that stop repeating the bleedingly obvious".

but other than that, they were relatively friendly, although they sounded a bit tired, and helped out alright....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)