HSC Advice Line (1 Viewer)

queen d

HSC
yeah it would but was asking in general would they exaplain something you don't understand or just help u out with what to do

samuel slack

HSC
Yeah, I don't really know how it'd work. It'd be good if you really had no idea about something. But i'm not in that position, I just need to try and remember everything I've learnt... So I don't think It'd be that useful for me.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I'm pretty sure that they'd actually explain to you what you need to know, so you ask the question and they answer it. :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Hey all,
I will dedicate an hour or two sometime this week to ask for advice on the HSC advice line for all my subjects.

If you will sit any of these papers give me any question you'd like answered and I'll reply with responses from the Advice Line if you can't be bothered being billed 25 cents.

• English (Standard) and English (Advanced)
    Paper 1 — Area of Study
  • English (Standard)
    Paper 2 — Modules
  • Mathematics
  • Mathematics Extension 1
  • Information Processes and Technology
  • Physics
  • Chemistry

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Hey all,
I will dedicate an hour or two sometime this week to ask for advice on the HSC advice line for all my subjects.

If you will sit any of these papers give me any question you'd like answered and I'll reply with responses from the Advice Line if you can't be bothered being billed 25 cents.
  • English (Standard) and English (Advanced)
    Paper 1 — Area of Study
  • English (Standard)
    Paper 2 — Modules
  • Mathematics
  • Mathematics Extension 1
  • Information Processes and Technology
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
How nice! :D

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Forbidden. said:
Because we could benefit from other people's questions some of us wouldn't think of immediately. ;)
LOL, well the only subject i can ask questions about from your list is Engalay -

1. Can we use a text used in one of the modules from Standard English as a self selected text for Adv English?

- I want to use the The Truman Show for module C but im unsure as to whether or not i should continue with it because its used in Module A Elective 3 (Image) of Standard English.

:)

Edit: LOL at samuel slack.

samuel slack

HSC
Actually on a serious note. Ask the same question for me.
-Can I use one of Wilfred Owen's poems (which is a standard text) for module C... and will I be penalised for it?

Thanks.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i keep calling whenever i get a prob. 25c no biggie....

i think it's pretty good. obviously depends on who you get on the other line. one guy for modern just kinda rambled, while the second time the guy was pretty good. so yeah.
its nice knowing you have that kinda support though that you can just call up....

queen d

HSC
no but i called for biology they were pretty helpful but when i called for modern the guy just went on and on about something that had nothing to do with what i asked lol

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
I called them up yesturday in regards to chemistry and legal studies, and they were really nice and helpful. I think I might call them up again today, just to talk to them. :)

xxJTxx

HSC
I've callen for English twice, and Legal once (in that order).

I had to wait nearly 20 minutes the first time I called..second time I got put through almost instantly (this is for English). Legal, didn't have to wait at all, just got through the operator and bam was on with a teacher.

Though, it's weird how the first time I called the person was amazingly helpful. The second time for English, the guy was more the attitude 'ill help you to help yourself'...which was annoying, cause I wanted it spoon fed to me.

Not all of the teachers on the line will spoon feed, haha.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Shrikar said:
I called them up yesturday in regards to chemistry and legal studies, and they were really nice and helpful. I think I might call them up again today, just to talk to them. :)
LOL. :p

You must be bored.

samuel slack

HSC
I might look through my legal notes for something to ask them. Just to see whether its any good or not.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
How much do the teachers get paid to do it? I asked my MH teacher and he said it was around $50-60/h :confused:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
I might look through my legal notes for something to ask them. Just to see whether its any good or not.
I probably have a billion questions to ask but there are three problems -

1. I'm not sure what those questions are. :eek:

2. Scared that they might just confuse me. :eek:

3. I'm feeling lazy right now. :eek:

Kujah said:
How much do the teachers get paid to do it? I asked my MH teacher and he said it was around $50-60/h
That's pretty good...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)