HSC Amount of Units? whaaaaaaaaaat? (1 Viewer)

Ignorantt

HSC
Hey,

Im doing these courses for my HSC

Business Studies
Software Design and Development
General Maths
English Standard
Biology
Chemistry

Im thinking of dropping chemistry after my preliminary and only doing 10units for my UAI (ATAR). My only problem is....will i have enough units to get a ATAR?

:jaw:

Thanks

showy

HSC
Yep, 10 units of Board Endorsed courses incl. 2 units of English. No worries.

tizona

HSC
Hey,

Im doing these courses for my HSC

Business Studies
Software Design and Development
General Maths
English Standard
Biology
Chemistry

Im thinking of dropping chemistry after my preliminary and only doing 10units for my UAI (ATAR). My only problem is....will i have enough units to get a ATAR?

:jaw:

Thanks
you only need 2 units of english and 8 other units to get an atar

Ignorantt

HSC
So all my subjects are board endorses and add up to 10 units? (After i drop chemistry i meant). I got a booklet explaining what are and what are not board endorsed but i honestly don't think i can find it.

Thanks for the FAST replies. :D

Ignorantt

HSC
i'm pretty sure you can have 10, it's the minimum
I knew you could only have 10 as a minimum but i was just wondering if my subjects are all board endorsed and add up to 10 Units when i drop chemistry.

Thanks for reply though ;)

muzeikchun852

HSC
I knew you could only have 10 as a minimum but i was just wondering if my subjects are all board endorsed and add up to 10 Units when i drop chemistry.

Thanks for reply though
ur subject do add up to 10 units as board endorsed course.

Ignorantt

HSC
Any other replies saying why i should or shouldn't? Im Tossing between dropping it and not dropping it

muzeikchun852

HSC
Any other replies saying why i should or shouldn't? Im Tossing between dropping it and not dropping it
i think u should leave it and think about it after 7 months, when u have a more understanding to the course. there is only 2 weeks into term one. u have to stick with the course at the end of term three anyway.

dan2452

HSC
I'd keep chemistry for as long as you can, and if you like it: don't drop it, you may get a better ATAR in year 12

Ignorantt

HSC
Trust me if i keep it i will totally bomb out on the HSC and id rather drop it now so it wont impact my ATAR, with my subjects will i have enough units for ATAR?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Trust me if i keep it i will totally bomb out on the HSC and id rather drop it now so it wont impact my ATAR, with my subjects will i have enough units for ATAR?
Ok so the risk you take is that if you keep chem and you do badly with 12 units then chem won't be counted (or if you do horrible in one subject then chem is counted and the damage isn't as bad), at least with 12 you have a buffer. One of my friends did something insane like 16 units - you don't need that much of a buffer :)

HSC
Keep things for as long as you can, just make sure your study amount isnt going to burn you out at the end of the year

For my HSC Im doing 12 units which I think is a little much (for me at least) but I enjoy the extra security it gives me (i.e. allows me to bomb out on one subject and still be OK)

ilikebeeef

HSC
10 units --> determined not to bomb out at all. If I'm going to bomb out in a subject, I might as well not do it in the first place and allocate that time to the ones I'm determined NOT to bomb out on.

@OP: Yes, you can get an ATAR with 10 units. I do 10 units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)