hsc and expectations (1 Viewer)

emadarn

HSC
never really spoken with someone who finished hsc that in fact got a decent mark and jst wonderin, for those who finished hsc or those who know ppl that have experienced it,

did they feel ,although can't prove to themselves that they did crap in the hsc, that they did crap. but recieved results that where massive, and where suprised.

i personally have this crappy feeling that i got 80s:mad1:, however by counting my mistakes i find myself with high 90s:party:, weird i know:confused:. i am really killing myself here:pain: and there is still 2 months till the results god knows what will happen to me by December :bomb:

the main reason for this feeling is also partly due to the actual exams, not really their difficulty but the fact that they are so unorthodox, i mean all my exams except english modules which i hope i smashed lol.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
never really spoken with someone who finished hsc that in fact got a decent mark and jst wonderin, for those who finished hsc or those who know ppl that have experienced it,

did they feel ,although can't prove to themselves that they did crap in the hsc, that they did crap. but recieved results that where massive, and where suprised.

i personally have this crappy feeling that i got 80s:mad1:, however by counting my mistakes i find myself with high 90s:party:, weird i know:confused:. i am really killing myself here:pain: and there is still 2 months till the results god knows what will happen to me by December :bomb:

the main reason for this feeling is also partly due to the actual exams, not really their difficulty but the fact that they are so unorthodox, i mean all my exams except english modules which i hope i smashed lol.

Isn't this the way most people feel about exams?

hairspray

HSC

OK i just wanna say that I'm with you there, i am dying to get the results.

I had a family friend (last year) who came out crying after her HSC physics exam, telling everyone that her life is over since she failed the exam and only had 10 units... next thing you know the results came out and her uai was 99.35 (or 99.4, im suprised that I can't remember as their family couldnt stop bragging). And then there are those who comes out feeling totally confident and get UAI's in the 80's.

So my theory is those who comes out of an exam crying are just too hard on themselves, so try to relax for the time being and try not to countdown till the days of the results.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
OK i just wanna say that I'm with you there, i am dying to get the results.

I had a family friend (last year) who came out crying after her HSC physics exam, telling everyone that her life is over since she failed the exam and only had 10 units... next thing you know the results came out and her uai was 99.35 (or 99.4, im suprised that I can't remember as their family couldnt stop bragging). And then there are those who comes out feeling totally confident and get UAI's in the 80's.

So my theory is those who comes out of an exam crying are just too hard on themselves, so try to relax for the time being and try not to countdown till the days of the results.
let me guess, asian parents right? :\

boxhunter91

HSC
Guys, dont think about the exams.
You have done your best. You never know you may suprise yourself.
Like Bio i think i stuffed up but im not letting it affect me for Physics and Chemisty.
Just got to put in the effort for the last two exams.
After that you have no control of what your mark will be.
Wish you all the best.
and yes PARTY HARD!

tonyharrison

HSC
Agree.
You can't do better than your best.
Sure, you can do worst, but it's not the end of the world.

I think wayy too much pressure is put on the exams.
In ACT, they don't have a whole bunch of final exams, just lots throughout the year. Or perhaps weighted more. THey get to graduation and they're free!!

hairspray

HSC
let me guess, asian parents right? :\
LOL. The mom is asian, the dad is aussie but just as bad in the bragging department!

This year I'm competing against their son so if I don't beat him then i will NEVER hear the end of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)