HSC at TAFE (1 Viewer)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by this_guy
is it possible to do get a HSC or a UAI at TAFE?
Yes, because the course is recognised by BOS who administer the completion of the course and the handling out if the certificate.

s_a

Originally posted by this_guy
is it possible to do get a HSC or a UAI at TAFE?
I'm living proof you can. If you're interested in enrolling, the best thing you can do now is call up your local TAFE and ask about the subjects on offer, the fees, when you can enrol and so on.

s_a

Considering your question may have been sufficiently answered, this_guy, I'm going to hijack your thread :)

Well, for those of us doing the HSC at TAFE this year, how are you coping with the workload now?

I'm sad to say that I've brought myself to a new low, in terms of my workload and especially my attendence rate. I am doing worse than last year.

I don't put any blame on the teachers nor TAFE itself. I've just been lazy.

Anyone in a similar position? Anyone going well?

Please do share your current HSC situation at TAFE :)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I did my VCE at TAFE. Only did 2 subjects and there 8 hrs/wk. 6-10pm Tues and 6-10 Wednesday.

I was told during exam time you (in Vic. at least) get ranked down (marks) more so than at school if you do yr12 at TAFE - though I can't be sure of the validity of the statement.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wish I had done my HSC at TAFE. Not that I'm dissatisfied with my high school, but I feel that TAFE is more to my style and learning.

layzie bone

Which place is more difficult? or should I say more useful in your career? University or TAFE...

From what I've been told by my girlfriend, people usually go to university to get a certificate, they head over to TAFE afterwards to do a year of study because University is more about theory, and TAFE is more practical... So I guess TAFE is quite useful... even the career advisors told her that...

So I guess TAFE Ain't so bad after all, you just gotta put in the work and not be tempted by the relaxed environment.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I love TAFE - I was told to do Tertiary Prep Certificate b/c it's easier. And from experience with the HSC this is a walk in the park!
But I too am a lazy ass. I really should study for my maths test...but I'm being an idiot and not doing much study at all....*hitting self in the head*

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
same here i have a maths test tomorrow and i haven't even started to study yet.

s_a

Originally posted by layzie bone
Which place is more difficult? or should I say more useful in your career? University or TAFE...
I think it depends on what career you'd like to pursue. For positions such as: Junior Clerk, Junior Administration, etc. you'd only be required to have a certificate in Administration from TAFE (and sometimes nothing at all) to be considered for employment. Umm... but really, I think it depends on what you're after in a career because different jobs will require different qualifications.

PROCRASTINATION seems to be the common thing for all you TAFE HSCers. I guess no one's really as screwed as I am :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)