HSC at TAFE (1 Viewer)

jessiej87

HSC
Hey i just wanted to know if you do your hsc at tafe does it start in september like normal school (not prelim just plain HSC course) or do you begin in january

thats all thanks

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
First, I will reccomend you read the thread entitled "My guide to Hsc at Tafe" provided above. And secondly there is no term 4 for the HSC at TAFE...you start in Feb finish with the exams.

Last edited:

Lennie

yeah you can just do hsc stuff (as you have probably figured out from kamis post) but if you can get it done at school, do it, because you have more time.

soso

HSC
N/A
Kami has made a mistake in his advice. He seems to have a problem with OTEN the distance education institute of TAFE.

You can enrol in Preliminary at any time. You can enrol in HSC from november in the year before you sit the exam until April 30 in the year of thexam. yOU CAN GET RECOGNItion for previous study. OTEN marks all year round not stopping for holidays.

You do study by correspondence

Might put this advicein your guide eh Kami

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
soso said:
Kami has made a mistake in his advice. He seems to have a problem with OTEN the distance education institute of TAFE.

You can enrol in Preliminary at any time. You can enrol in HSC from november in the year before you sit the exam until April 30 in the year of thexam. yOU CAN GET RECOGNItion for previous study. OTEN marks all year round not stopping for holidays.

You do study by correspondence

Might put this advicein your guide eh Kami
thank you for noting this soso, I will make an addendum about OTEN starting dates, however there *are* no term 4 classes, and all non-correspondence Tafes start at this point, so my information was fundamentally correct.

Adrian.

HSC
kami said:
thank you for noting this soso, I will make an addendum about OTEN starting dates, however there *are* no term 4 classes, and all non-correspondence Tafes start at this point, so my information was fundamentally correct.
Actually the TAFE I go to started HSC in term 4 of year 11 but we didn't have any assessments until term 1 of year 12 so any new comers could catch up. Officially we were still enroled in prelim but we were learning HSC stuff.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Really? Could you tell me which one so I may put it in the sticky?

Adrian.

HSC
Gosford.

-Edit- Also, Gosford is now doing Ancient History one year, Modern the next. So this years yr. 12 is doing Modern but next years (this years yr. 11) is doing Ancient.

Last edited:

soso

HSC
N/A
kami said:
Well, no you were wrong. OTEN dates prove this, as do other posts. unless YOU are never wrong. That would be different.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
hey hamsterMan, you might find what you're looking for if you look at "My Guide to the HSC at TAFE", if there's anything else you want to know just ask and I'll try to answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)