HSC becomes a reality (1 Viewer)

ruthquack

HSC
AHHHHHHHH going nuts here.. i have my trials NEXT WEEK... AHHHHH i have no idea for food tech or hospo or english, my english teacher dosent explain anything ahhhh going nutss... dammit ohh well back to studying for the trials

ruthquack

HSC
i know the schools gay.. year 10 everything was late and yr 11 and 12 everythings like 2-3weeks before everyone else... what..

UzurOger

Almost Sexy Bastard
HSC
everyone take a deep breath the HSC's nothing, it only changes the direction of your life.......from being i dont no mining engineer ( 250000+ pay) to a hobo in the streets ( 100000 + small change adds up you know)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
UzurOger said:
everyone take a deep breath the HSC's nothing, it only changes the direction of your life.......from being i dont no mining engineer ( 250000+ pay) to a hobo in the streets ( 100000 + small change adds up you know)
I think you mean "from being, I don't know.. 'a' mining engineer....etc etc

Mmmmmm it gives potential employees the chance to see that you struggled it out. That's why i think it's important. And it's important to always try your hardest and to ignore the fact that the honor roll exists.

HSC
i work as a database manager/technition at a recruitment centre let me tell you something interesting: for your first job or two they have a look at your uni degree or marks, after 5-10 years they dont give a shit and judge you purely on job performance. I for example saw unqualified, year 10 drop out, warehouse 50-something managers earn four times as much as medicine/science/commerce 5 year work experience students because they have experience!

alright guys here's the deal from someone who is a stress ball naturally so hsc was not to good for me.

- going for a walk morning and night around crunch time for exams, and during exams DOES help, regardless what you think it clears your mind, youcome back wanting too study feeling fresh; try not too tire yourself out just pace yourself. excersise releases some shit that makes you feel better/thinking clearer

- somebody who barely did any homework, minimal study and walks in an exam clam will beat someone who's done alot of study (crammed, not worked hard throughout the year) and a big stress ball. YOU MUST remain calm, i was a big stress ball and fucked up my exams hard, i made such stupid mistakes which i regret and could of got me much high marks, learn this!

- the earlier you start the better, plain and simple

- start studying with topics you know, if you straight away start with some insanely hard question you do not build train of thought and shoots down confidence, build up your train of thought

- the end of every topic or subsection do series of questions from the relevant "success one" or hsc past papers equilivant

- get at least 8 hours sleep night before studying any subject even if exams not the next day, studies shown that 7 hours sleep reducesbrain activty 6%, 6 hours like 15-20% and so on, it increases greatly.

- if youve studied an entire week and its saturday night and you done like already 6-7 hourrs of study, chances are anything past 8pm your brain will not work, go out watch a movie; thats right, watch a movie youll prob zonk out on TV otherwise but you reward yourself this way. i went and saw a movie weekend before my HSC exam to calm me down, 2 days before HSCexam your mark is basically set in concrete

- quickly revise (in like 10min) what you learnt previous day or you generally tend too forget it, (what i did was the questions from yesterdays study the next day, that helped store in long term memory.) too this day i am tutoring chem/maths/eng students because i still remember my shit, without even looking at the book.

Last edited:

orange_blob

Caveman
HSC
^
That sounds really good. Nice, simple and specific. And it all seems to make sense.

I might even try doing some of those. Particularly that sleep one - sleep is tops.

The Casmira Approach will be my new method. Now let's see how long I can make this last.

HSC
Casmira approved *tooth shine*

In terms of when you should sleep, try 10pm until like 7am the next morning, thats 9 hours sleep and see how well you can study first thing in the morning, if not perhaps your more of a arvo/night studier. I was more of a morning studier :p

Boomer111

HSC
hmmmm sleep ay...so lets just, for example, say i go into a chemically induced coma for a week will that drastically increase my brain activity? and question number two does passing out constitute sleep? :ninja:

emjaiz

HSC
wish i could do this, but the hsc's in like a couple of months.
mine would of been good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)