HSC Biology (1 Viewer)

username ok

HSC
what is the scaling for biology and is it a good subject to choose. I am good at math.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Sorry I don’t really see where the connection between Biology and math came into play, but yeah Bio is good and it scales reasonably well

username ok

HSC
Sorry I don’t really see where the connection between Biology and math came into play, but yeah Bio is good and it scales reasonably well
thanks also I was wondering how extension math 1 and 2 work and if its hard to cope with.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
thanks also I was wondering how extension math 1 and 2 work and if its hard to cope with.
Personally I don’t find extension 1 or 2 too hard to cope with as it’s all exercise/question based. What do you mean though with how they work?

username ok

HSC
Personally I don’t find extension 1 or 2 too hard to cope with as it’s all exercise/question based. What do you mean though with how they work?
like I'm in yr 10 and I've got no idea how hsc works and was like wondering how like math extension 1 and 2 work like can you do extension 2 in yr 11 and stuff like that

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
like I'm in yr 10 and I've got no idea how hsc works and was like wondering how like math extension 1 and 2 work like can you do extension 2 in yr 11 and stuff like that
Oh no you can’t do extension 2 in Year 11. Basically if you want to do extension 2, you have to do both Extension 1 and Advanced in year 11. Then in Year 12 you’ll be able to do extension 2 but then the only things that count will be Ext 1 and 2, advanced won’t count towards your ATAR if you do extension 2 in year 12

username ok

HSC
Oh no you can’t do extension 2 in Year 11. Basically if you want to do extension 2, you have to do both Extension 1 and Advanced in year 11. Then in Year 12 you’ll be able to do extension 2 but then the only things that count will be Ext 1 and 2, advanced won’t count towards your ATAR if you do extension 2 in year 12
oh ok thanks alot mate

username ok

HSC
Just to avoid confusion, the only possible way to do ext 2 in year 11 is if you’re an accelerated student who has done ext 1 & advanced in year 10
oh ok and math extension 1 and 2 is 4 units right

Etho_x

HSC
N/A

Calculus is actually used to model some systems it's pretty cool.
I didn’t mean that... funnily enough I’m doing a project on mathematical modelling in bio for Sci X. Was just referring about how they spoke about bio then said they’re good at math when it had nothing to do with the scaling of bio

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Just to avoid confusion, the only possible way to do ext 2 in year 11 is if you’re an accelerated student who has done ext 1 & advanced in year 10
I understood that the prerequisite to study maths Ext 2 in Yr 11 is completion of Preliminary extension maths in Yr 10 (or earlier), not Adv maths or Ext 1, which can be studied concurrently with Ext 2 (probably doesn’t belong in a Bio thread, but OP has asked & so should be advised of her options).

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I understood that the prerequisite to study maths Ext 2 in Yr 11 is completion of Preliminary extension maths in Yr 10 (or earlier), not Adv maths or Ext 1, which can be studied concurrently with Ext 2.
You study the Year 11 advanced course along with extension whether or not you do it in year 10 or earlier. But yes, prelim extension 1 maths is the main prereq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)