• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC Chemistry Equations (1 Viewer)

xXnukerrrXx

HSC
N/A
How hard can balancing and various questions related to chemical equations get?

NupPun

HSC
The won't get too bad. Just be careful that with combustion you can have a fraction as the coefficient of oxygen on the reactants side. Other than that it will be quite bread and butter.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just make sure you keep an eye on stray atoms within the molecule, that aren't bunched with the rest of the same atoms in a particular molecule. eg. CH3COOH.

It's rather simple to balance HSC equations.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's simple, what I learnt was to make sure both sides have the same number, so I actually counted them in my half yearlies when they gave us one to balance :p and also some trials which I did before.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
It's simple, what I learnt was to make sure both sides have the same number, so I actually counted them in my half yearlies when they gave us one to balance :p and also some trials which I did before.
It's what I always do - it's the best way to ensure you've balanced everything correctly. I know you get used to seeing them balanced and then you can just write them straight down but I'm the kind to always double check because I have a habit of having many simple errors.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's what I always do - it's the best way to ensure you've balanced everything correctly. I know you get used to seeing them balanced and then you can just write them straight down but I'm the kind to always double check because I have a habit of having many simple errors.
Guess we're both the same then xD It's only because I got it wrong in year 11 so I always counted after that one mistake.

Important Tip: Learn from your mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)