HSC comeback (1 Viewer)

howcanibesmarter

HSC
the opposite can also happen, my family friend was estimated for 99.8 after the trials, but in the end got 99.4 (meaning she flunked the hsc)

this just shows how much can change between trials and after hsc, so you could also do a hsc comeback and completely pop off in the hsc

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
so you could also do a hsc comeback and completely pop off in the hsc
half the state is aiming for this so i dont think its possible for everyone when you think comparatively and how internals are moderated.
but keep dreaming everyone...

howcanibesmarter

HSC
half the state is aiming for this so i dont think its possible for everyone when you think comparatively and how internals are moderated.
but keep dreaming everyone...
yea i never said its gonna be easy lol, and not everyone can do it but you can add on like +/- 0.5 atar from your internals depending on how you do, possibly even more.

Although, correct me if im wrong, you're correct but only in cases that you are aiming for a really high atar, since going from like a 99 to 99.5 is a lot harder than 89.5 to 90.

Its a lot easier to improve from 80s internals to 85 externals rather than 90 internals and 95 externals.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Although, correct me if im wrong, you're correct but only in cases that you are aiming for a really high atar, since going from like a 99 to 99.5 is a lot harder than 89.5 to 90.

Its a lot easier to improve from 80s internals to 85 externals rather than 90 internals and 95 externals.
yes you are right about that
my point is that on average 50% of state will get lower than internal and 50% will get higher, due to the moderation process. even if 100% of the state improved, comparatively, no one will improve.

honestly what i am saying is pointless, but just saying even if you imrpove for hsc, you might not have higher externals cause everyone at your school might also improve and then your intenrla will be higher anyway

dw i basically said nothing in 100 words

howcanibesmarter

HSC
yes you are right about that
my point is that on average 50% of state will get lower than internal and 50% will get higher, due to the moderation process. even if 100% of the state improved, comparatively, no one will improve.

honestly what i am saying is pointless, but just saying even if you imrpove for hsc, you might not have higher externals cause everyone at your school might also improve and then your intenrla will be higher anyway

dw i basically said nothing in 100 words
fair enough

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
just work hard and do your best in the hsc exams. what else are you supposed to do? you cant control what other people will do, you cant control the moderation process, you cant control the exams that nesa will produce. focus on what you can control, and believe that you can in fact do it.

p.s. its your internal and external rank that matter anyway, not your actual internal mark

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
the opposite can also happen, my family friend was estimated for 99.8 after the trials, but in the end got 99.4 (meaning she flunked the hsc)

this just shows how much can change between trials and after hsc, so you could also do a hsc comeback and completely pop off in the hsc
99.4 is still so good???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)