HSC Delayed till 9th Nov, Schools Back by Oct, ATAR 20th Jan, Uni Offers from 26th Jan, SRS from 12th Nov (1 Viewer)

DarkOperator618

HSC
"Thousands of school students in New South Wales are reportedly set to return to their desks in October to face delayed final-year exams which will now be held in November."

"The NSW crisis cabinet is understood to have considered scrapping the vital exams entirely this year because study and teaching has been thrown into chaos by lockdown. But the resultant potential mental health damage was considered too great and the October return and November HSC plan was reportedly approved instead."

"As numbers continue to rise, plans have also been considered to restrict face to face exams to areas where Covid cases are low, according to The Guardian.
However this appears to have been dismissed for unfairly punishing students in the 12 local government areas of concern in Sydney's west and south-west. The crisis cabinet has also reportedly considered limiting HSC exams to key subjects like English and maths"

November.html
Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9928509/NSW-schoolchildren-school-mid-October-HSC-exams-November.html
also, there could only be the vital exams happening like English and math

what a time to be alive

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The minister for education will be at the 11am press conference today, so I would expect news on the HSC and/or schools today.

DarkOperator618

HSC
The minister for education will be at the 11am press conference today, so I would expect news on the HSC and/or schools today.
i got two questions

what do you think is gonna happen

also, wtf is a webmaster

specificagent1

HSC
Just realised that many of the current year 12 students will be turning 18 soon or are already 18 so they will be able to vote in the upcoming elections. So any decision may impact the govt's popularity

DarkOperator618

HSC
Just realised that many of the current year 12 students will be turning 18 soon or are already 18 so they will be able to vote in the upcoming elections. So any decision may impact the govt's popularity
hehehehehehehe
i live in an area where the liberal party is popular

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
i got two questions

what do you think is gonna happen

also, wtf is a webmaster
No idea what's going to happen. I assume they are going to do whatever they can to get the HSC to go ahead as close to normal as possible. IMO it's well meaning but out of touch, given most universities and workplaces are online at the moment and it's unlikely to completely revert after the pandemic. The HSC is very important, but I cant understand it being almost central to the public health response.

Webmaster is a kind of old-ish name for someone that runs the technical side of a website (upgrades, making sure the site is working etc.), it's just always been the title on BoS for that role. I started out as a moderator, but as i'm a software developer I eventually shifted into that open role.

Candlez

HSC
HSC pushed back to 9th of November.
I want to get an idea from everyone, do we prefer HSC canceled or pushed back for another month?

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Someone summarise the report I cbb to find and read about it lol

hellohowslife

HSC
so are 12s going back to school next term on October 25? So we r not graduating this term?

Wizjaro

HSC
No we aren't going back, we graduate this term and the plan only covers kindy year 1 on 25th with year 6 and 11 on 1st and everyone else on 8th and our exam is on 9th so unless we are going back for one day?

A1La5

HSC
No we aren't going back, we graduate this term and the plan only covers kindy year 1 on 25th with year 6 and 11 on 1st and everyone else on 8th and our exam is on 9th so unless we are going back for one day?
Year 12 will be going back to school on the 25th of October. Though what's the point of having the whole school come back a day before we start the HSC exams? I figured the empty space would be used to socially distance the students throughout the school as a COVID prevention measure.

Sucks for the people who wanted Schoolies though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)