HSC dilemma (1 Viewer)

raceryt

HSC
People of BOS can you help me out? Currently I am studying 3 units of maths, 3units of English, Physics, Chemistry, and business studies, which is 12 units in total. Last year I completed the preliminary VET IT course, which was 2 units. That means that I could be dropping a subject and doing 10 units in total upfront. However, whether I should drop it or not is the problem.
If I drop, say, business studies, it frees up many periods during school and I get to concentrate on my other subjects, which increases my chances of not using business studies as a back up subject. But If I drop business studies, I won’t have an extra subject I can use as a backup 2 units in case I screw up one of my other subjects.
So what do you guys think I should do? Drop or not drop?
Also, my business studies teacher teaches by reading the textbook and telling us to jot notes and complete the questions.

msY

HSC
People of BOS can you help me out? Currently I am studying 3 units of maths, 3units of English, Physics, Chemistry, and business studies, which is 12 units in total. Last year I completed the preliminary VET IT course, which was 2 units. That means that I could be dropping a subject and doing 10 units in total upfront. However, whether I should drop it or not is the problem.
If I drop, say, business studies, it frees up many periods during school and I get to concentrate on my other subjects, which increases my chances of not using business studies as a back up subject. But If I drop business studies, I won’t have an extra subject I can use as a backup 2 units in case I screw up one of my other subjects.
So what do you guys think I should do? Drop or not drop?
Also, my business studies teacher teaches by reading the textbook and telling us to jot notes and complete the questions.
It depends on how you evaluate yourself as a student. What are your goals, how strong do you think you are in your current subjects. Are you any good at business studies, do you enjoy it. To do well in a HSC course you have to either like the course, so if it is interesting to you you will do fairly well because studying for it is relatively easy, but if you dont like the course you must be good at it, for example some people get band 6s in 2 unit mathematics but dislike maths in general.

If you think that you are good at your maths and english, chemistry and physics, and that you hate business studies and suck at it, then having the extra time to study for your other subjects is vital. But as i said, it depends on your goals and it depends on your strengths in the subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)