HSC Economics Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

ruthvik

HSC
Pretty good exam imo. Possible B6 for me, I liked the essay questions - I did the impact of ER fluctuations on ES and macropolicy effectiveness quesiton. SA was kinda weird for some - I prob didn't get full marks on all but on most. MC was pretty avg difficulty for an hsc exam imo so I would expect to lose a few marks there.
what do you reckon will be the cut off for b6

shashysha

HSC
yeah i feel 4u will be a pain either way soO shit good luck for business! :)
4u will be pain but after that life will be just that much simpler (for me at least, good luck for your legal the morning after lol)

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Do u feel as though it was less difficult than past papers? Any curveball essay questions?
No curveballs but I think in eco it's expected that essays follow a pattern of occurrence of 3 years or so everybody knows what to expect from like 4 possible topics and within a topic only certain things are big enough for essays if that makes sense. Idk if this is the same for other subjects

what do you reckon will be the cut off for b6
I'm expecting like previous years so like mid 80s maybe 83 raw or so at the lowest imo but it's all just guesses obv. It's actually hard to get anything above mid 80s (i think) because it is so rare to get full marks in SA and essays + MC will make you lose a few especially considering there is sooo much they can ask you.

Talent

HSC
N/A
What did everyone think about the Eco paper today?

HSC
MC was trash, short answers were reasonable (lots of micro tho) and essay questions were a godsend (v similar to cssa trial) although my stimulus one was bad :'))))
overall better than 2019 paper

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
I did national electricity market for that which prob isn't the best example but after the test I found out you can do GST and telecom so those are prob the right answers for that q. Some other people did electricity tho so idk.

AuroraXT

HSC
Overall, It was a fair exam. Multiple Choice took a bit longer than usual, there was a tricky exchange rate question which was apparently an appreciation although it looked like a depreciation. Short answers had a few unexpected questions, negatives of eco growth on eco development kinda had me stumped for a bit, ended up going with environmental degradation which could lead to health issues and lower life expectancy and increased consumption of unhealthy goods which can negatively impact the consumer or something like that probably not getting the 4 marks. Bilateral agreement 6 marker was not expecting that, went with AUSFTA which diverted trade away from other countries losing exp revenue and allowed for structural change from automobile and textile footwear clothing industries to services sector. I think most people went with CHAFTA or ANZFTA (the one with new zealand i think). Went with Telecommunications for the 5 mark product market Q, privatisation of Telstra, increased competition etc. which lead to increased efficiency. Essay questions, could have done better but not the end of the world. Went with exchange rate and mostly talked about effect on BOGs, NPI, Valuation effect and how that can increase or decrease Net Foreign Liabilities, recent trends with the exchange rate going to 0.56 in March. Accidentally only gave myself 40 mins on the macro question, ended up spending 20 minutes on fiscal (GFC stimulus, Jobkeeper and JobSeeker for AD, Jobtrainer for AS) with political constraints as a limitation and 20 minutes on monetary (transmission channels, blunt instrument, lower bound of 0%) forgot to talk about time lags and didn't include much stats for monetary.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Overall, It was a fair exam. Multiple Choice took a bit longer than usual, there was a tricky exchange rate question which was apparently an appreciation although it looked like a depreciation. Short answers had a few unexpected questions, negatives of eco growth on eco development kinda had me stumped for a bit, ended up going with environmental degradation which could lead to health issues and lower life expectancy and increased consumption of unhealthy goods which can negatively impact the consumer or something like that probably not getting the 4 marks. Bilateral agreement 6 marker was not expecting that, went with AUSFTA which diverted trade away from other countries losing exp revenue and allowed for structural change from automobile and textile footwear clothing industries to services sector. I think most people went with CHAFTA or ANZFTA (the one with new zealand i think). Went with Telecommunications for the 5 mark product market Q, privatisation of Telstra, increased competition etc. which lead to increased efficiency. Essay questions, could have done better but not the end of the world. Went with exchange rate and mostly talked about effect on BOGs, NPI, Valuation effect and how that can increase or decrease Net Foreign Liabilities, recent trends with the exchange rate going to 0.56 in March. Accidentally only gave myself 40 mins on the macro question, ended up spending 20 minutes on fiscal (GFC stimulus, Jobkeeper and JobSeeker for AD, Jobtrainer for AS) with political constraints as a limitation and 20 minutes on monetary (transmission channels, blunt instrument, lower bound of 0%) forgot to talk about time lags and didn't include much stats for monetary.
I think you remember one question wrong, I don't remember negatives of eco growth it was about how economic growth does not always mean there will be eco development

turtle67

HSC
This man knows his economics

AuroraXT

HSC
I think you remember one question wrong, I don't remember negatives of eco growth it was about how economic growth does not always mean there will be eco development
Ah yes, the scenarios where economic growth does not lead to economic development are usually negative so that's probably why I forgot xD

NN03

HSC
Hey guys I'm pretty late to the party, but I just had to ask about one of the Eco questions. For the specific product market that's undergone microeconomic reform question, does the Passenger Motor Vehicles (PMV) industry count as one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)