HSC Engineering Studies Thoughts / Predictions (1 Viewer)

GraPeOwO

HSC
This guy in an engineering teacher and has some awesome stuff, 'High School Engineering Teacher and Cabinetmaker'.
Ohh looks really good! So much stuff we can be asked about in the exam I've been trying to make sure I can get most of the mechanics and drawings questions, they seem to add up quite a bit.

GraPeOwO

HSC
Any predictions on what will be in the exam? I am desperately trying to learn 2 years of content in 24 hours lol
A bunch of ferrous stuff like drawing microstructures and why steel is used (properties)
Definitely a 6+ mark truss analysis and a drawing with cross-sectioning
mc logic gate question
ma vr and efficiency
heat treatment
testing of materials for like cracks and strength
more properties of materials.
stress question
there wasnt much biomedical last year so theyll probably load a few of those in there, but its yr 11 so dont worry too much

GraPeOwO

HSC
do u think they will have a lot of stuff on telecommunication bcos im not confident with that one as my teacher didnt finish teaching it
Im kind of in the same boat as you with historical developments and telecommunications. For me I'm just looking at the materials and stuff, so for civil i look at the developments in bridges like arch, suspension, girder, and the type of materials - started with wood, then stone, wrought iron, cast iron/steel and now reinforced concrete. I doubt they'll ever ask who invented this and in what year. I think just a basic understanding of materials and developments. For telecommunications, same here I don't know that much, mostly just trying to learn definitions (AM, FM, multiplexing etc). They packed a tonne of them in the 2019 one so hopefully they go a bit easier on them this year.
Im also a little worried about aeronautical since that's when we did online learning and I basically bludged the entire time xD

HSC
do u think they will have a lot of stuff on telecommunication bcos im not confident with that one as my teacher didnt finish teaching it
peak engineering studies teaching tho, we had a similar situation

A bunch of ferrous stuff like drawing microstructures and why steel is used (properties)
Definitely a 6+ mark truss analysis and a drawing with cross-sectioning
mc logic gate question
ma vr and efficiency
heat treatment
testing of materials for like cracks and strength
more properties of materials.
stress question
there wasnt much biomedical last year so theyll probably load a few of those in there, but its yr 11 so dont worry too much
what kinda biomedical stuff do u reckon?
i reckon theyll get us to draw a jet engine x-section

HSC
I hope they dont ask on biomedical.. surely thats too year 11y and I cant be bothered to re-read lol

didnt they ask a year to draw a jet engine section for 2018 or something? it probs wont be that same engine right
never overestimate engineering teachers, a couple of the questions ive seen are straight up reused from previous exams

2ba3

HSC
Any predictions on what will be in the exam? I am desperately trying to learn 2 years of content in 24 hours lol
100% truss analysis, stress-strain, materials for civil structures, maybe some telecommunications questions based on zoom, an aeronautics question based on the pitot-static tube, and DRAWINGS.
Hopefully the AS1100 drawings aren't too bad including the true length ones like in 2017.
And as a side note, I think telecommunications is the least understood of all modules for most people.

DaBossMan

HSC
Ohh looks really good! So much stuff we can be asked about in the exam I've been trying to make sure I can get most of the mechanics and drawings questions, they seem to add up quite a bit.
Stress/strain
youngs modulus
Heat treatments and obviously heaps of calculating forces and work, power and energy...

HSC
100% truss analysis, stress-strain, materials for civil structures, maybe some telecommunications questions based on zoom, an aeronautics question based on the pitot-static tube, and DRAWINGS.
Hopefully the AS1100 drawings aren't too bad including the true length ones like in 2017.
And as a side note, I think telecommunications is the least understood of all modules for most people.
when u say true length u mean drawing the developments right?

HSC
what do we reckon we will see in the test? calcs and content stuff too

defs can see some treatment of metals, stuff about the heat-affected-zone, some microstructure, defs shear force, bending moments diagrams, truss analysis and reaction calculation, maybe an mc choice specifically on as1100, youngs modulus and stress/strain... the list goes on

2ba3

HSC
do u have anything that explains how to do developments because I STILL dont understand how to do them... At this hour......
Sorry for the late reply. I have no resources, but I'll try explaining. Might be tricky to explain with words tho.
Set up a horizontal plane of the heights from the front view (e.g. it will be two parallel lines if there are 2 max heights, or 3 if it has 3 (the bottom of the shape, an intermediate height, and the maximum height)). - See below.
1604322943069.png
With the top view you take the horizontal distance from one vertex to another, this is a TL (if the shape is flat (normally)). You mark this value on the bottom line of the plane you made. The hypotenuse created if a line is created between the max height (TL) and TL Horizontal distance measured from TV will create a true length.
It is important you use a compass as you will often need to find 2 true lengths to create a the transition piece. The line created on the development will be the intersection of these true lengths by method of compass.

Vitrecan

HSC
Man, I have practiced everything except for drawings.

DaBossMan

HSC
For the the mass of the rider, did anyone get about 95 I can remember the exact number. I didn't really understand how you can apply a moment force from being on the bike.

2ba3

HSC
For the the mass of the rider, did anyone get about 95 I can remember the exact number. I didn't really understand how you can apply a moment force from being on the bike.
around 90. The rider was heavy.

Vitrecan

HSC
I legit tore out my formula sheet and used the back till I could free hand the drawing and then I did it on the sheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)