HSC Engineering Studies Thoughts / Predictions (1 Viewer)

GraPeOwO

HSC
That rider question, I also got around 90. I was kind of confused cuz I thought I'd have to divide by 10 to get the mass, but a 9kg rider doesn't make that much sense lmao. Same here with the logic gate, no combination could give an input of 1. The drawings were pretty easy and the truss was easier than previous years. Biomedical again literally just thrown out the window, nothing was questioned about it. MC questions were hard imo. For the aeronautical stuff I had to recall to my report like 5 months ago to remember an innovation. I didn't think the exam was too hard except MC.

DaBossMan

HSC
That rider question, I also got around 90. I was kind of confused cuz I thought I'd have to divide by 10 to get the mass, but a 9kg rider doesn't make that much sense lmao. Same here with the logic gate, no combination could give an input of 1. The drawings were pretty easy and the truss was easier than previous years. Biomedical again literally just thrown out the window, nothing was questioned about it. MC questions were hard imo. For the aeronautical stuff I had to recall to my report like 5 months ago to remember an innovation. I didn't think the exam was too hard except MC.
I had to divide by 10 but I dunno maybe u done it different, I doubt you got it wrong if u got around the same answer. For the aeronautical I done jet engines that counts doesnt it?

GraPeOwO

HSC
I had to divide by 10 but I dunno maybe u done it different, I doubt you got it wrong if u got around the same answer. For the aeronautical I done jet engines that counts doesnt it?
Hmm, it probably does. It’s just an innovation isn’t the same as an invention, which is why for me using a new material is always the safe thing to do. But it should still count because it’s like a new engine. Like for example creating a wing is an invention but using a different shape is an innovation.

HSC
thoughts on the exam as a whole? also was that development style question in mc 8.9 metres?

GraPeOwO

HSC
thoughts on the exam as a whole? also was that development style question in mc 8.9 metres?
I have no idea how to work those questions out. I left it to the end, said to myself fuck it, got out my ruler and measured it based off the scale. Got 7.3 (A) which is probably wrong but oh well

DaBossMan

HSC
Hmm, it probably does. It’s just an innovation isn’t the same as an invention, which is why for me using a new material is always the safe thing to do. But it should still count because it’s like a new engine. Like for example creating a wing is an invention but using a different shape is an innovation.
Yeh I wasn't really sure, I was gonna say composite materials but I don't really know much about them.

2ba3

HSC
A lot of communication style questions. The role of the engineer etc. That was surprising. The pressure question was one of the best questions they've made.

bobthebob

HSC
A lot of communication style questions. The role of the engineer etc. That was surprising. The pressure question was one of the best questions they've made.
for the pressure question do u take the difference of pressures??

Vitrecan

HSC
There was less math so you had to know your content well I guess. Some of the microstructure questions threw me off even if it was a simple question thought.

Last edited:

bobthebob

HSC
There was less math so you had to know your content well I guess. The new drawing notation for microstructures threw me off even if it was a simple question thought.
was this the rivet one what were u supposed to draw?

2ba3

HSC
There was less math so you had to know your content well I guess. The new drawing notation for microstructures threw me off even if it was a simple question thought.
I was surprised at how little calculation problems there were, given that's one of the topics I worked towards.
The telecommunications questions especially digital modulation threw me off.

Vitrecan

HSC
Yeah, I spammed every truss question under the the sun. The analogue stuff was a bit iffy for me.

Vitrecan

HSC
were u supposed to draw grainflow i thinnk i fked up
I remembered it as grainflow too but I didn't know how to draw it on the rivet so I drew weld structure instead. But I did sketch a grainflow structure of hot and cold worked bolt at the bottom. Probably doesn't count though.

2ba3

HSC
I remembered it as grainflow too but I didn't know how to draw it on the rivet so I drew weld structure instead. But I did sketch a grainflow structure of hot and cold worked bolt at the bottom. Probably doesn't count though.
Damn I realised I made a mistake for that.
I also forgot to circle in the last question of mc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)