HSC English Adv./ Ext 1 / 2 - TUTOR, ESSAY EDITING SERVICE - ATAR 99.90, 5th in State (1 Viewer)

erckle999

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone, my name is Adam and I am pleased to offer my services as an English tutor and essay editor. In the 2012 HSC I received the following English results:

• an ATAR of 99.90
  • Advanced English mark of 98. This placed me FIFTH in the state.
  • Extension 1 Mark of 48/50
  • Extension 2 Mark of 49/50

I pride myself on the clarity with which I explain all concepts as well as the rigour and originality of the approach I espouse to constructing and refining essays. The basis of all good work is necessarily the spark of originality or insight that all are capable of. As a tutor/editor, my task is not to plant my own regurgitated ideas in your head, but rather to find that spark of insight implicit in your work and help you mould it into a more complete, coherent and sophisticated argument.

Below are the services I offer:

Advanced English Essay / Creative Editing: Having received 19+/20 for all module essays in trials (at a school ranked third in the state for English) as well as 20, 18 & 20/20 for modules A, B & C respectively in the HSC, I know what it takes to achieve the marks necessary to enable a high band 6. Based on my credentials, I offer a fantastic value-for-money editing service that includes in each edit, but is not limited to:
  • Thorough line-by-line editing of syntax, diction, literary techniques and argument.
  • Paragraph by paragraph analysis of ideas - for each of your paragraphs/ideas, I will respond with up to a few hundred words detailing the conceptual and linguistic strengths and weaknesses and offer further reading, notes or instruction on how your (not my) ideas can rise to that high band six level.
  • Plans and direction should you find yourself stuck at any juncture. Advice for picking and analysing any related text is one of my strengths. Students of mine have received 14+/15 using belonging related texts as diverse as the film 21, episodes of Community, the novel Ender's Game and Plato's Republic.

Advanced / Ext 1 Group and Private Tutoring: I offer an interesting and vibrant tutoring atmosphere built around your ideas. We start with your views and interpretation of the text and the concepts and using a combination of underlying philosophical ideas and development of close textual analysis derive from even the most cluttered paragraph a concise, original and interesting idea about a text and question. Lessons can be conducted anywhere in the Eastern Suburbs / CBD at any desired frequency and length per week. Note that these tutoring sessions include free essay editing as described above.

English Extension 2 Mentoring: I received 49/50 for English Extension 2 for an essay entitled: Atlas Shrugged, Catch-22 and Wall Street: Metaphysics and Morality, A 20th Century Economic Dialectic. Mentoring sessions can be weekly or fortnightly (or more frequently in the vicinity of assessment tasks). Each mentoring session will be discussion based, building upon ideas you may have had in the preceding week. You will be able to take advantage of my voracious reading and general knowledge for direction to where you should look to refine, and place in a more rigorous philosophical framework, your latest ideas about form and content. I offer countless resources for research as well.

Note my services are being offered for all texts & electives (Advanced and Extension 1) and text types (Extension 2).

[Negotiable] Prices:
  • $30 per essay per edit (discounts available for more than 1 edit)
  • $50 for one on one tutoring (per hour)
  • $25 per person for group lessons (per hour)

Contact me for samples of my work, the work I have edited and for a trial edit/tutoring session.

Please PM me, email me on adamsolomon@hotmail.com.au or text me on 0433 555 639 to enquire about prices, availability or to ask any other questions you may have.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)