HSC English --> Ask your questions (1 Viewer)

BananaPie

HSC
To save time can we the intro write eg; Immigrant Chronicle (IC) and then for the rest of the essay write IC ??
Thankss :)

Screamm

HSC
In terms of the module paper, what do you think is the best order to do them? My best module is A- blade n frank, and worst is module B- hamlet

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
In terms of the module paper, what do you think is the best order to do them? My best module is A- blade n frank, and worst is module B- hamlet
so you would do your best module first to get your confidence up, then do your not so good module and lastly do your second best module! but spend 40 mins on each, regardless of it being your best or worst module

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
hi, how do you analyse websites?
For Websites look for things like:
- size and placement of the heading (usually this links to prominence)
- subheadings - fonts in bold, italic and underline to emphasise impact etc
- look for things in the web address - does it have anything or words associated with belonging
- drop down menus - what features do they offer - if they show different options --> may be it can say different things about belonging

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
For Cartoons look for things like -

- stance (standing position of people)
- vectors
- contrast

For poems/ texts

- person (1st, 2n, 3rd)
- repetition
- imagery/alliteration/assonance
- language - simple or complex? (usually simple language to make the situation clear, complex to further emphasise the complex nature of the situation)
- irony
- conversational style (usually to develop a connection with the reader) or formal style(usually to alienate the reader)
- usually if perspectives switch (from 1st to second etc) may be to suggest differing perspectives and hence attitudes towards belonging
- rhetorical questions/similes/ metaphors
- juxtaposition - to show differences/contrast
- hyperbole (to highlight the severity of the issue or to satirize the issue)

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
so if the question asks you to identify tone - people usually mistake tone and give incorrect descriptions

- ironic
- critical
- frustrated
-humorous
-enthusiastic
-light heartened
-wry
- whimsical
- quirky

Joy_2575

HSC
N/A
I think you're one of the nicest people out there ! It's amazing how you don't even gain anything from this and you continue to help people.

Tamara1993

HSC
I desperately need feminism in my critical study of texts essay for Gwen Harwood, one of the poems im doing is 'father and child', someone told me that the 'be your tears wet' intertextual reference from king lear relates to feminism but i forgot how??
heeeeeeeeelpppppp meeeeeeeeeeeeee :uhoh:

abc123yoyo

HSC
For the 2 mark questions at the beginning of paper 1 should I bother to quote them? Or should I only bother quoting for 3-5 marks?

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
For the 2 mark questions at the beginning of paper 1 should I bother to quote them? Or should I only bother quoting for 3-5 marks?
if the question is only a "what is/ identify " question then just include the quote for evidence - no analysis needed
if the questions is a " how" type question or uses a verb that asks to show how belonging is represented, then you need to do quote + analysis even if it is 2 marks.

abc123yoyo

HSC
if the question is only a "what is/ identify " question then just include the quote for evidence - no analysis needed
if the questions is a " how" type question or uses a verb that asks to show how belonging is represented, then you need to do quote + analysis even if it is 2 marks.
But in the sample answers they never provide quotes with answers, and what order do you recommend we do the exam in? ive always done section 1 first then 2 n went overtime n write a story in 30 minutes

abc123yoyo

HSC
If ace doesn't mind 1 advice for every1 is to identify n write down the techniques as you read the text it helps big time, difference between an A n a B for in the 1st section n u save time if u need to use the text for the last question n the exam in general

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
But in the sample answers they never provide quotes with answers, and what order do you recommend we do the exam in? ive always done section 1 first then 2 n went overtime n write a story in 30 minutes
well that something I did so, I thought I'd mention it, but it's up to you.
I reckon do section 3 first (you've done most prep for this - (I assume)) then do section 1 (doing section 1 at the start can encourage you to spend time overwriting - because you are bound to be nervous), and then do section 2, it is always easy to end a creative that end an essay or comprehension!

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
If ace doesn't mind 1 advice for every1 is to identify n write down the techniques as you read the text it helps big time, difference between an A n a B for in the 1st section n u save time if u need to use the text for the last question n the exam in general
+ 1

abc123yoyo

HSC
What do u think we should spend the 10 minutes reading time on then tho? becos we might have forgotten what we read in the stimulus by then thats my only concern :3 hmmm and do u have idea of what stimulus they "normally" give for creative? is it like a quote or image or something

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
What do u think we should spend the 10 minutes reading time on then tho? becos we might have forgotten what we read in the stimulus by then thats my only concern :3 hmmm and do u have idea of what stimulus they "normally" give for creative? is it like a quote or image or something
what I did was, I read the texts and understood what they were talking about and I mentally answer the first few questions - but it is up to you. but if you think you'll forget it, definitely do the comprehension first then.

since 2009, the trend has being written stimuli, whilst they may change this, i think it will probably be a quote this year again.. or even if they give an image, they will probably give you a quote as well... (this is me guessing ).. ofcourse you never know what the HSC throws at you. I went in prepared to do TWO related texts for my exam but ended up having to chuck an entire text out and do more on my other related text. this then changed my usual line or argument and synthesis between the texts, but I managed. so you never know! just hope for the best! fingers crossed :D

princess112

HSC
changes in context and form offer fresh perspectives on the values of texts, how does scotts film blade runner, reveal a new response to the values explored in shelleys novel frankenstein?help desperate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)