HSC English responses (1 Viewer)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Hey I'm just wondering, how many words are you guys using in your essays/short stories? Currently I've got about 1010 words for one of my short stories but about 1150-1200 words for my essays. I find it hard to finish writing one of my essays under/on 40 minutes, but I also find it equally as hard to cut them down in word length. Also, what do you guys think of the Board of Studies 2006 English Standard/Advanced marking guidlines to "not use pre-prepared responses into the HSC", as they will "not gain you full marks"?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
Hey I'm just wondering, how many words are you guys using in your essays/short stories? Currently I've got about 1010 words for one of my short stories but about 1150-1200 words for my essays. I find it hard to finish writing one of my essays under/on 40 minutes, but I also find it equally as hard to cut them down in word length. Also, what do you guys think of the Board of Studies 2006 English Standard/Advanced marking guidlines to "not use pre-prepared responses into the HSC", as they will "not gain you full marks"?
I think mine last year was around 1000 wrods of something quasi prepared and the rest was put towards adapting it to the question.

HSC
have your prepared responses but be sure to link back to the question otherwise you wont get full marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)