HSC English Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

shashysha

HSC
I liked reading exam thoughts and predictions when I was procrastinating throughout the year so I'll do this for the future cohorts. Feel free to put any last minute concerns or your thoughts on the exam after tomorrow, we'll all pull through somehow!

mochi_mochi

HSC
do you guy's think the essay question for paper 1 will be specific like last year on a specific human experience or more general?

mochi_mochi

HSC
well my plan has been writing a generic essay and memorising it, the essay i've written should be adaptable to whatever they give us, so i'm good even if it turns out being specific.

mochi_mochi

HSC
if that ended up being the case, i'm all set since the essay i ended up writing adresses those dot points, instead of focusing on specific themes.

mochi_mochi

HSC
well i haven't used the language of paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies but it pretty much talks about them.

MrGresh

HSC
well my plan has been writing a generic essay and memorising it, the essay i've written should be adaptable to whatever they give us, so i'm good even if it turns out being specific.
I've done exactly the same! So I'm feeling pretty confident here, just practicing adapting my thesis to whacky questions right now :)

StudentMaster3000

HSC
Does anyone have any resources for Waste Land? Really struggling to find anything online.
Anyone possibly have any essays on it involving human experience?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
do you guy's think the essay question for paper 1 will be specific like last year on a specific human experience or more general?
I feel like it may be more specific because they may really want to start testing us?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm predicting that this year it will be a general question for all texts, just because it was specific last year. But who knows!
I agree with this! It might set the trend of one year specific, and the next general!

Xanthi

HSC
Common Module has the only essay common between advanced and standard, so more likely specific.

I feel like it may be more specific because they may really want to start testing us?
These were also my thoughts.

beetree1

HSC
My prediction is that they're going to hit on the "paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies" section of the syllabus for Texts and Human Experiences. Really hope they don't though lol.
you should extremely be glad if they ask you a rubric-style question.... have a look back to the crucible and LOVE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)