hsc exam -MARK- (1 Viewer)

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
hi, im not sure if there has been a post/thread about this before but i HAVE looked around and found none.

I was just wondering if we would ever see or know the actual HSC exam MARK that we got? (or the external mark if you will)

without it being moderated and allocated to another student, if it must?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Do you mean the RAW HSC exam mark? - That is not revealed to the students when the results come out in December.

The moderation and allocation to another student as you mentioned only refers to your HSC internal assessment mark.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
unless you apply under the freedom of information act, but recently i dont think it was successful

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
Ragerunner said:
The moderation and allocation to another student as you mentioned only refers to your HSC internal assessment mark.
im a little confused. i thought that the allocation happens with the external as a result of the ranks you get from the internal.

eg. if these people get these results for the internal marks:

rank 1 - jim - 95
rank 2 - bob - 85
rank 3 - matt - 80

but achieves these results in the external (raw)

jim - 80
bob - 90
matt - 70

..wouldn't jim automatically be allocated with the external of 90 because of his rank from the internal?:confused:

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
Ragerunner said:
Do you mean the RAW HSC exam mark? - That is not revealed to the students when the results come out in December.
this answers my initial question by the way. thanks for that.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
just-a-stranger said:
im a little confused. i thought that the allocation happens with the external as a result of the ranks you get from the internal.

eg. if these people get these results for the internal marks:

rank 1 - jim - 95
rank 2 - bob - 85
rank 3 - matt - 80

but achieves these results in the external (raw)

jim - 80
bob - 90
matt - 70

..wouldn't jim automatically be allocated with the external of 90 because of his rank from the internal?:confused:
so jim was ranked first, bob second and matt third.
Since jim was ranked first, he gets the highest hsc exam mark as his moderated assessment mark, while keeping his exam mark.
So if jim gets 80 for the exam, he gets 90 for his moderated assessment mark which equates fo 85 as his hsc subject mark.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
jemsta said:
so jim was ranked first, bob second and matt third.
Since jim was ranked first, he gets the highest hsc exam mark as his moderated assessment mark, while keeping his exam mark.
So if jim gets 80 for the exam, he gets 90 for his moderated assessment mark which equates fo 85 as his hsc subject mark.

ahh.. i see.

..so we do get the mark that we work for in the actual HSC exams?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)