HSC exam (1 Viewer)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
The CaFS forum is so dead. So how are you feeling about the exam? Just over a week away now :bomb:

The extended responses are gonna kill me.

sine24

HSC
Haha it is pretty dead! Can't believe the exam is just around the corner. CaFs is my easiest subject..coming first in it and my assessment mark is 96 so if i just try and get 90+ in the hsc exam then i think i'll be fine. I just freaking want a band 6!! I'd die if i got a band 5 in CaFs only because i put in so much effort in my assessments. Goodluck fellow CaFfers!

hayleyl

HSC
I'm pretty confident about the exam, cause I tend to go well in CAFs exams. The only prob i;m going to have is the option extended response

classy-layce

HSC
well this is one of my worst subjects.. i think it may have something to do with the fact that i have done it by distance education and i think there is just too much content to cover by learning it yourself.. ive tried hard at it but still havent been able to get the subject enough to get really good marks in the exams.. and as for the long response answers im stuffed cause i only ever have limited ideas on the answer to the question and cant seem to carry on my answer in depth.. usually get the answer over and done with within a few paragraphs hehe..

any one have any tips or suggestions 4 me? i sure do need the help..

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
try bullet pointing them. - gives you more time to think rather than trying to think of good sentences and will still get ur the marks. its all about getting ur answer across, not the little fill in words.

guyzbabigal

HSC
honestly, i do well in my assessments and did well in the IRP but exam time.. I SUCK.. i cant do the questions.. i dont know.. its always like 60ish..
:(

I hope i do okay..

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
guyzbabigal said:
honestly, i do well in my assessments and did well in the IRP but exam time.. I SUCK.. i cant do the questions.. i dont know.. its always like 60ish..
I'm the same, good in assessments terrible in exams.

What option topic did you all do? I did... i can't even remember its name now, social impact of technology.

classy-layce

HSC
aww im going to try that dot point thing for cafs! .. i do that for food tech to but didnt think about using it for this subject thanx! will save a lot of time to..

and as for the option topic i didnt even get to choose it! my teacher just told us what we were doing and so im stuck with the individuals and work one.. which is ok i guess pretty much just the stuff i already know from working..

havent done any real study as of yet though! =S really just cant get into it my teacher says i get the content of the course i just havent got into depth or something i dont know ive only spoken to her twice in the whole 2 years i had her as a teacher.. stupid distance education stuff!!

oh well will be all over soon guys =D

Last edited:

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
woo!
im not too worried, got 96 in my trials, overall total 49/50 but unfortuantely that overall total means jack :( stupid hsc system
am just hoping i can get the same kinda mark this time around *prays*
i actually prefer the exams to the assessments i dunno exams just seem easier
and to guyzbabigal - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HEART GUY!
and the dot pointing thing is a good idea, i do it too
good luck people! :D

^emmie^

HSC
yer im goin good in cafs coming first and have like 97 internal mark so not to worried about the test i havent really studyied much if at all casue rather concentrate on harder subjects but cafs is my last test YAY and my second last on thursday so ill study over the weekend
oh n i do individuals in work its shit i think but hey it not to hard

classy-layce said:
well this is one of my worst subjects.. i think it may have something to do with the fact that i have done it by distance education and i think there is just too much content to cover by learning it yourself.. ive tried hard at it but still havent been able to get the subject enough to get really good marks in the exams.. and as for the long response answers im stuffed cause i only ever have limited ideas on the answer to the question and cant seem to carry on my answer in depth.. usually get the answer over and done with within a few paragraphs hehe..

any one have any tips or suggestions 4 me? i sure do need the help..

i sujest u just study from the syllabus cafs has a good syllabus commpared to most subjects
do past HSC questoions this doesnt mean writting lots of essays just read questions and think about what u would write
make sue in long response u make a point explain it and give examples but be staright to the point dont waffle on about nothing
talk about wellbeing that allways gets u marks lol
good luck
if u have any questions on anything ill be happy to help you :)

guyzbabigal

HSC
jodi..1 said:
I'm the same, good in assessments terrible in exams.

What option topic did you all do? I did... i can't even remember its name now, social impact of technology.
urm, yeah.. we did individuals and work

so does everyone do parenting & Caring & groups in contxt?

guyzbabigal

HSC
Do we need to know anythin abt IR laws for work & individuals?? HELP ... I m so dead..

GL everyone

hayleyl

HSC
does any1 else do the option family and societal interactions??? that extended response is going to bring me down. I just can't remember the laws!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)