HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

bind

haha thats what is freaking me out about ext history. is it possible for them to ask us to talk about 3 debates of our case study? or 4 or 5? haha whoa. sigh. fingers crossed for only two. ...but is there like a set limit on what they can ask us??

kelly_4_u

kelly_4_u
HSC
jdrockefeller said:
3 people in my History Extension class have:

Wednesday
AM: Chemistry

Thursday
AM: Modern

Friday
AM: Physics
PM: History Extension

Tight
oooh... and i thought mine was bad..

Monday
Pm: Senior Science (till 5pm)

Tuesday
Am: Ancient History (finished a couple of hours ago)

that totally s*cked!

nwatts

HSC
Not really. Look at past questions.

It's usually along the likes of "identify two areas of debate and do whatever the hell you want".

Carnivour

HSC
jdrockefeller said:
3 people in my History Extension class have:

Wednesday
AM: Chemistry

Thursday
AM: Modern

Friday
AM: Physics
PM: History Extension

Tight
Actually, it gets even crazier. I just got told by a boy in my ext history class that he had/has:

Monday :Ext English
Tuesday: Ancient
Wednesday: Chem
Friday: Phys, Ext History

Oh man, do not want to be him right now.

llluullaaa

HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
Not really. Look at past questions.

It's usually along the likes of "identify two areas of debate and do whatever the hell you want".
Lol, I hope they tell us to do whatever the hell we want

But, is it likely that they will ask us for 3 (or more) case studies? Because, in that case, I'm probably screwed. Like I know they've never done it before... but still...?

nwatts

HSC
llluullaaa said:
Lol, I hope they tell us to do whatever the hell we want

But, is it likely that they will ask us for 3 (or more) case studies? Because, in that case, I'm probably screwed. Like I know they've never done it before... but still...?
I don't think so. The case study I did doesn't really even have three key debates. (Hah, it only really has one, but oh well.)

llluullaaa

HSC
N/A
Ohhh fair enough. Do not many peo9ple do it?
It seems to me that like everrryone does JFK

nwatts

HSC
llluullaaa said:
Ohhh fair enough. Do not many peo9ple do it?
It seems to me that like everrryone does JFK
I think there's only two other schools in the state that teach it, so yeah.. very few.

JFK is popular.

raeraerae

HSC
Okay so 2 debates and 2 historians for the case study is normal but we really should have a third. What about for the what is history part? how many historians is everyone preparing and learning? Or are people learning texts?

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
raeraerae said:
Okay so 2 debates and 2 historians for the case study is normal but we really should have a third. What about for the what is history part? how many historians is everyone preparing and learning? Or are people learning texts?
Learning texts? ARRRRRGH!!! Noooo! History ext is not english! * hopes that this isn't what we're meant to be doing*

Libbster

HSC
Oh my God! Someone else actually does Jesus lol there's like no debate other than if he existed, ah good ol'd wells

nwatts

HSC
Libbster said:
Oh my God! Someone else actually does Jesus lol there's like no debate other than if he existed, ah good ol'd wells
There's significant debate surrounding the accuracy of Josephus's Antiquities, a historical text which chronicles the life of Jesus. It's argued that religious scripts/translators have inserted evangelical elements that weren't present within the original text. Basically, it contains a whole bunch of random "Jesus is God" and "He was the Messiah" comments that seem very out-of-place.

It's actually a more interesting debate than whether or not he existed, because critics/historians are totally polarised on how they think. So there's little interesting debate, because it's essentially "he said this, she says its wrong" for three pages. And, the way I see it, the evidence is irrefutable that he existed. Whether or not he died and rose again is more pressing, but is ultimately a matter of personal faith.

However if you have any notes at all, I'd be more than happy to have a browse. :p

niteshade1312

HSC
For historigraphy im doing herodotus, bede, ranke, burke, sharpe and bloch. And will go over a few more tonight.

banana_custard

HSC
Libbster said:
It's nice to find more people who do Jesus - I was starting to think that my school was practically the only one, apart from the Catholic schools...I got a bit worried when everyone was talking about how they didn't do jesus (on the forum earlier in the year), as the more religious schools would be better suited for it, but it's turned out to be okay (I hope...).

maddy1988

Maddy :)
HSC
Carnivour said:
Actually, it gets even crazier. I just got told by a boy in my ext history class that he had/has:

Monday :Ext English
Tuesday: Ancient
Wednesday: Chem
Friday: Phys, Ext History

Oh man, do not want to be him right now.
YUP! I had
Monday ext english
Tuesday Ancient
Wednesday Chemistry
Thursday Modern
Friday Ext History

STOOPID BOARD OF STUDIES!

myrna

HSC
the post modern age

nwatts said:
...I'm trying to pick a few who say a lot, but I'm having trouble finding a good balance. All the ones I like seem to be raving Marxists. :p

yh im the same.. my teacher has also labelled me a marxist historian as i plan to study economics and history next yr @ uni and when i write my modern history it is primarly focused on economic policy.

my case study is Napoleon... i think case study hardest part... its so confusing ...

i have an idea.. since we r living in a post modernist times can we write nothing and call it post modernism...j/ks... i think who ever did that deserves full marks as they truely understand the course... postmodernism sucks... thats my theory

good luck tomorrow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)