HSC Extension 1 Mathematics Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

NoUsername

HSC
Just try your best to learn it before the exam. Not much you can do at this stage but the next few hours are actually super important
Do you think for binomial approximations, we should apply the continuity correction? In the sample paper, Nesa did not, but it seems like it would be more correct?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Do you think for binomial approximations, we should apply the continuity correction? In the sample paper, Nesa did not, but it seems like it would be more correct?
I'll be honest, I sat 3u last year so I have no idea about probability functions. But if it's what you think is right, and it gets you the right answer, do it. Just make sure you have sufficient reasoning on the page.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'll be honest, I sat 3u last year so I have no idea about probability functions. But if it's what you think is right, and it gets you the right answer, do it. Just make sure you have sufficient reasoning on the page.
So you had to independently learn the 2d vectors topic from 3u while covering 3d vectors it in 4u?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
So you had to independently learn the 2d vectors topic from 3u while covering 3d vectors it in 4u?
Yep pretty much 😂 honestly we did it in about 10 minutes, there’s only like dot products and projections and that’s it ahah

NoUsername

HSC
Yep pretty much 😂 honestly we did it in about 10 minutes, there’s only like dot products and projections and that’s it ahah
I'm in the same boat for advanced though. Teacher crammed all new advanced content into 1 hour, and just told me to watch Khan Acadmeny lmoa, it was good to have the subject out of the way for this year though

NoUsername

HSC
Do I look like I care about how many committees of 2n people can be formed from n males and n females in which there is an even number of people, but first a leader is chosen? But fr, did anyone get part iv of that question?

MrGresh

HSC
Was the binomial 2n-2 choose n-1 times n squared?
No idea didn't get that one
Do I look like I care about how many committees of 2n people can be formed from n males and n females in which there is an even number of people, but first a leader is chosen? But fr, did anyone get part iv of that question?
Nope I couldn't crack IV :(

osnola

HSC
Anyone know how to do the first part of 14 a)? Only question I couldn't figure out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)