hsc extenstion 2 maths and maths query (1 Viewer)

undalay

HSC
If you do 3 units of math:

2unit = 100
3unit = 50

if you do 4 unit:

2unit = 0
3unit = 100
4unit = 100

make sense :S ?

HSC
undalay said:
If you do 3 units of math:

2unit = 100
3unit = 50

if you do 4 unit:

2unit = 0
3unit = 100
4unit = 100

make sense :S ?
correct.

if you do four units of maths, extension one maths (3u) and extension two maths (4u) count for two units each. BoS assumes that since you're doing such a high level of maths you will get 100% in 2u so you don't have to sit the 2u test and they make both extensions worth double then what they normally would, 2u marks effectively useless. some schools make their students sit all the 2u internal exams as well as 3/4 unit just in case they want to drop out later in the course.

btw even if 2u marks don't count you still probably *should* do some 2u work and have a vague idea of what it is about because it might come up in a 3u exam...of course a lot of people don't and still get good marks lol.

michelle.lee

HSC
i don't know if it is true but i have been hearing that ifyou do 4 units of mathematics, so thats extension 2, that you only do the 3 unit and 4 unit paper for ths hsc and that you automatically get 100 for 2 unit... can anyone validate this??
thanks

M

mizanila1

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
OMG 100% In 2U WOW thats a dream come true :)

Actually its not true.. you dont sit the 2u hsc paper, i think u still sit the trials though

shadyhaze

HSC
you dont sit the 2unit trials, only up to the trials, incase you drop out of 4unit maths

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
But does that mean you autoamtically get 100% ?

independantz

HSC
They assume that if you sit the 2 unit hsc paper that you'll get 100%, but they don't actually include it into the uai calculations etc.

oliperro

HSC
2U Maths has nothing to do with anything if u do 4u. it counts for nothing. you dont get 100 though, because its a subject you dont do. thats like saying every subject you don't do you get 100 in... i.e. that i get 100 in 3u arabic...geee thats some achievement

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
tommykins said:
But does that mean you autoamtically get 100% ?
If that were true, then people would abuse the system. You get assumed that since 2-unit is a joke to 4-unit (and it is) that in order to be elligible for 4-unit you would easily be able to attain 100%.

So no. You don't actually get 100%. They simply assume that you would get it.

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
hey since i am ok with 3u maths at the prelim level.....only sometimes get a little nervous and get stuck.

Do you reckon i can try out 4u even if that meant pulling out just before the HSCs if i find it too hard?? BUt then i'd also have to keep doing the 2u stuff just incase i pull out....

Here's a hyppothetical query---what does it take to be a 4u student??

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hard work + effort and knowing and applying your concepts well.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You DO NOT automatically get 100 in 2 unit at all. I don't know where this bullshit idea came about but the BOS DOES NOT ASSUME that you'll get 100 in 2 unit Maths if you did Extension 2 Maths. They only assume that you may get band 6, not 100. I quote from my own HSC Record of Achievement document:

"Mathematics (Extension 2) students are not required to sit for the 2 Unit Mathematics examination. If this student had sat for the 2 Unit Mathematics examination, it is likely that he/she would have achieved Band 6 in that course."

michelle.lee

HSC
independantz said:
They assume that if you sit the 2 unit hsc paper that you'll get 100%, but they don't actually include it into the uai calculations etc.
OK.. so lets just say that you do get 100 or band 6 or whatever for maths 2 unit.. so ur saying it doesnt go towards uai!?!? the uai estimater here SAM includes 2 unit though~

beentherdunthat

HSC
michelle.lee said:
OK.. so lets just say that you do get 100 or band 6 or whatever for maths 2 unit.. so ur saying it doesnt go towards uai!?!? the uai estimater here SAM includes 2 unit though~
:wave: Haha, I done 2unit. Am doing 3unit and 4unit now. Altogether, they make up four units of your needed ten units.

But sadly, it's true. 2unit automatically doesn't count after you do 4unit... however it does take up 2 easy units... :)

EDIT: Remove the 2unit mark of your SAM estimator. And then submit :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)