HSC focus groups (1 Viewer)

aussie-boy

HSC
so ive been contemplating initiating a program of group discussions (10-15 ppl) at school on various topics (especially individual english texts) - the idea would be to get the intellectuals to share some of their insights with the less skilled people.... does anyone think this would work?

if so, what do you guys reckon the structure of each session (1-2hrs?) should be - personally, i would suggest just looking at questions and discussing arguments and approaches, but everyone struggles with different things so im looking for lots of perspectives

runnable

HSC
I think this can work if the intellectuals are helpful enough.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
aussie-boy said:
so ive been contemplating initiating a program of group discussions (10-15 ppl) at school on various topics (especially individual english texts) - the idea would be to get the intellectuals to share some of their insights with the less skilled people.... does anyone think this would work?

if so, what do you guys reckon the structure of each session (1-2hrs?) should be - personally, i would suggest just looking at questions and discussing arguments and approaches, but everyone struggles with different things so im looking for lots of perspectives
no more than 3-4.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: HSC focus groups

aussiechick007 said:
^^ 3-4 what? people? hours? questions?
People.

Anything more than 5 people get distracted and shiz.

aussie-boy

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: HSC focus groups

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66
but were talking about an organised, structured session - possibly with (non interfereing) teacher supervision

do you have any ideas of what to discuss?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: HSC focus groups

aussie-boy said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^66
but were talking about an organised, structured session - possibly with (non interfereing) teacher supervision

do you have any ideas of what to discuss?
i believe you should go through the structure of the essays and shit first.
then touch a review of the plot. techniques, quotes, themes.

do each section differently, as you've all read the book/poem/whatever already so it's better to be specific than cover the book/poem/whatever as a whole.

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: HSC focus groups

Definitely try it. If the smart people are smart then they'll want to boost everyone below them for externals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)