HSC graduates (1 Viewer)

Abbeygale

HSC
I received mine.

I'm wondering- is it normal to receive a blank page with your certificate? I received a nice shiny certificate, and the notes on the courses, plus a blank sheet. It has the embossed title and shield, and the watermark, but nothing written on it. Strikes me that I could knock up a fake with a few minutes on photoshop and any printer.

cimbom

HSC
Sepulchres said:
I had to goto the post office to pick it up. Ghey.
Tomorrow i need too need to go to the post office. No delivery, only a notification. I have 5 days- then they will return to the sender. Will the BOARD just re- send it then, this time so i don't have to collect it? I wonder if it was because it was raining today(?).

wwjd_frog14

HSC
my sis told me i had a big envelope sitting on the deck @ the front door...then i got thinking ... n i think i remember sum1 knocking on the front door but being 2 lazy 2 get up coz i wasnt sure whether i was hearing things or not! :)

Libbster

HSC
i got mine today and it was all bent! not happy board!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Our postie dropped mine at our door- probably because it was raining? *thumbs up* Kinda disappointed there's no certificate for HSC Honour Roll *sniff sniff*

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Abbeygale said:
I received mine.

I'm wondering- is it normal to receive a blank page with your certificate? I received a nice shiny certificate, and the notes on the courses, plus a blank sheet. It has the embossed title and shield, and the watermark, but nothing written on it. Strikes me that I could knock up a fake with a few minutes on photoshop and any printer.
LOL I'm pretty sure you could sell it to whomever still hasn't told their rents their HSC results^^

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
My parents woke me up at like 10am and made me open it. It was all wet.

Abbeygale

HSC
seremify007 said:
LOL I'm pretty sure you could sell it to whomever still hasn't told their rents their HSC results^^
Well, I do need money for my textbooks. The important questions are-

a) Did anyone else get one?
b) Is it illegal to sell it?

Seriously though, I guess the one thing I'm really worried about is whether or not this means I'm missing a page from my HSC.

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Well it wasnt meant to be there if thats what you mean. I doubt they made a habit of including them. :p

Most likely.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Abbeygale said:
Well, I do need money for my textbooks. The important questions are-

Seriously though, I guess the one thing I'm really worried about is whether or not this means I'm missing a page from my HSC.
a) I didn't?
b) Depends how you market it... if you said it was a 'souveneir' or a 'sample'.. hehe.

Abbeygale

HSC
seremify007 said:
a) I didn't?
b) Depends how you market it... if you said it was a 'souveneir' or a 'sample'.. hehe.
Well, if nobody else got one I guess it would qualify as a 'collectable'.

I guess now I have to go call the BOS or whoever it was that issued them, make sure I have all my bits. Bugger.

EDIT: The BOS guy says I have everything I'm supposed to. Guess the blank one was just a freebie.

Last edited:

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
goan_crazy said:
Mine and all the other mail came to the door
good postman:)
lol, same! I was in bed, just in my boxers, heard a knock rushed to chuck some jeans and a shirt on, and went out and got it. I forgot all about it, I was like, who's this big package for, then it said me! I was like "hurrah!" then i opened it and thought "meh"

frootloop

HSC
Awww it's not fair! All these people got handed their HSC.. the jolly postman knocked on their door and wished them luck or whatever... it's like something out of a cheesy cheesy sitcom or a children's program or story (of some kind).

I would've liked that... :(

The gates were locked so mine was (carefully) placed into the mailbox instead.

Meh, it's just the HSC. :rolleyes:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Gibbo69er said:
lol, same! I was in bed, just in my boxers, heard a knock rushed to chuck some jeans and a shirt on, and went out and got it. I forgot all about it, I was like, who's this big package for, then it said me! I was like "hurrah!" then i opened it and thought "meh"
LOL I too was excited about receiving this heavy-ish package (with the cardboard and "do not bend" notification)... until I saw the BoS logo.

a8o

HSC
The only interesting thing was seeing graphically how the state did in each course. And my German gave me a laugh.

misery

Unspeakable
HSC
Suspiscious, blank looking envelope that made me think I had won a competition revealed itself to be damp, wrinkled HSC papers. Severely mediocre reaction, stuffed into bottom drawer.

Not that I wasn't happy with my marks, its just met with a huge resounding 'meh' across the state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)