HSC Help Line help from someone plz? (1 Viewer)

craz

HSC
hey can someone ask a question for me please as im doing the HSC overseas. I just want to know the same as dyinggirl about the definition of a transcript cos everyone i know has a different opinion...i just wondered what an operator might say.

stressed monkie

im a random
heyz when i called they told me a transcript (this is for english right?) is exactly the same as a script only u put in like stage directions and stuff
anywayz that didnt make sense to me cause thats what u do in a normal script. so yeh

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Heh, it should be the other way around.

A transcript is a script without the stage directions etc. A transcript only contains what people actually say.

craz

HSC
yea that's what my teacher's have been going on about. yes its for english. hmm...so a transcript is basically a script. but if it has stage directions:confused: that sounds like what my english teacher is saying...looking back and writing on it. Humph!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by stressed monkie
heyz when i called they told me a transcript (this is for english right?) is exactly the same as a script only u put in like stage directions and stuff
anywayz that didnt make sense to me cause thats what u do in a normal script. so yeh
I thought transcript is the one without stage direction?? I just thought that it's a record of what the actors say and contain generalised actions and setting.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
WITHOUT stage directions, pretend it's a transcropt of a radio interview, it is a script of what was said on the interview. if you interview someone now, and are asked to write a transcript, you type up what they said to you

haz_it_all

interview or any other transcript ud write first person eg:

Peter: Damn i hate my name, so original :(
John Smith: psh like u can talk

stressed monkie

im a random
ok after everyones posts i became suspicious of the validity of the first answer so i called again to ask again and someone else answered me and it is without stage directions it is speech only so everyone above (xcept me) is right
sorrie bout the first mistake but thats what they had told me the first time i called

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)