HSC HELP PLEASE - Assessment Task! (1 Viewer)

koolkitty

HSC
I don't understand my assessment task at all! it's due in 3 weeks! It look like this:

Ancient Society:
Option A Society in Old Kingdom
Egypt Dynasties III - VI

Outcomes
A student:
* Describes and assesses the significance of key people, events, institutions, societies and sites within their historical context.
* Locate, select and organise relevant information from a variety of sources
* Explain and Evaluate differing perspectives and interpretations of the past
* Plan and present findings of historical investigations, analysing and synthesizing information from a range of sources
* Uses historical terms and concepts appropriately
* Communicate a knowledge and understanding of historical features and issues using appropriate oral and written forms.

Task
Choose an aspect of society in Old Kingdom Egypt and present a 3 to 5 minute lecture.

So i get i have to make a speech. But i don't understand what i have to make the speech about? Can someone please explain?

shortnsweet

HSC
I don't do this subject, but I am guessing you just pick something about the society and talk about it - this can be anything from religious beliefs, gender roles, politics, education, whatever. But as I said I don't do this subject so..

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I didn't do ancient history, but I did do modern.

I'm assuming that, as the question asks, pick ONE aspect of society in regards the OLD KINGDOM EGYPT.

This ONE aspect, might be family life, important rituals in society, hierarchical structures (including issues on gender, education etc), (as mentioned above) political system. Talk about everything in context: why did they believe certain things, perform certain rituals, why weren't certain classes allowed education, archaeological evidence, what have academics got to say, cite journals (blah blah blah)

3 to 5 mins isn't that long.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
One aspect of Old Kingdom Egypt Society: This could be the role of women, employment, politics, education, food/diet, leisure, sports/entertainment, literature/arts, religion etc.

Personally I would choose religion since it was the biggest aspect of Egypt

Remember to include:
1. Why each piece of evidence is significant in telling us something about that aspect/how effective it is
2. Variety of sources - archaeological (buildings, stelas, inscriptions) and from historians (Redford, Tyldsey etc)
3. Perspectives from the past (from old kingdom egypt: what the pharaohs thought), modern perspectives (from historians)
4. INCLUDE HISTORIOGRAPHICAL ISSUES - if any (this is required to get top marks)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
just drop your palm cards a lot or drop the subject which isn't worth studying anyway

koolkitty

HSC
Thanks everyone for the help! I just couldn't understand it, the holidays had turned my brain to jelly!
I'm a Grade A student and top of my Ancient History class - definitely not dropping it! This is the first thing i got stuck on.
Thankyou! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)