HSC Hopes and Goals (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I have a list of things I'd like to acheive in the next year.... just to keep me on track, and keep me motivated. I've already been able to tick one thing off the list... which gave me the best damn feeling.

Do any of you keep a list too? I think it's a good idea.... obviously don't give yourself expectations that are too high, because it'll just unmotivate and overwhelm you.... but instead a list of realistic things you want to achieve in the HSC that will make you really happy and proud. They can be right at your level, or slightly above.... giving you a higher goal to aim for.

If any of you have a list.... share it! Or make one up right now. I think it'd also be interesting to see how different everyones is. I guess there's some who're aiming for high 90s UAIs, all band 6s, Law at Uni etc.... while others are just hoping to pull through in a state of relative sanity.

Anyway, I'd really like to know what you're all aiming for, and hoping for.

I'll get the ball rolling..... here's mine ;)

My HSC Hopes and Goals
-Make it into National Art School extensive course (tick)
-Marks I'm happy with in NAS course
-To be proud of my Art Body of Work, and it to be one of the coolest things I've ever done
-Band 6 in Visual Arts
-Bands 5 (or higher if possible) in Advanced English, Studies of Religion II, Design and Technology and Society and Culture
-Be short listed for ArtExpress
-Possibly make it into ArtExpress (just because that would be damn awesome)
-UAI between 85-90
-Get into desired University course....
....Bachelor of Art Education at the College of Fine Arts, UNSW
....Bachelor of Visual Arts (Fine Arts) at Sydney College of the Arts, USYD
....Bachelor of Fine Arts at the College of Fine Arts, UNSW

-If things don't go to plan and health hinders you from doing your best UAI wise
.....Advanced Diploma of Fine Arts at Sydney Gallery School (Meadowbank College)

---
I added that back up recently, when I realised that I was still not going to be back to perfect health by year 12 (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) and may not be able to achieve the UAI I'd originally hoped for. This way, I've got an alternative to Uni, so I don't have to stress myself out too much if by April or so next year, I realise I'm really not doing too well. The idea of doing an Advanced Diploma for 3 years, then going to Uni mature aged doesn't really bother me much anymore. As long as I'm learning in my most loved area, I'm fine. And having an Advanced Diploma will give me Advanced Standing by the time I get to Uni anyway.... so it's all good.

Anyway, everyone - share share! :)

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Nice of you to share. The list is very interesting.
Good luck! All the best!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Get into desired University course....
....Bachelor of Art Education at the College of Fine Arts, UNSW
....Bachelor of Visual Arts (Fine Arts) at Sydney College of the Arts, USYD
....Bachelor of Fine Arts at the College of Fine Arts, UNSW

-If things don't go to plan and health hinders you from doing your best UAI wise
.....Advanced Diploma of Fine Arts at Sydney Gallery School (Meadowbank College)
I just wanna know what career oppurtunities are there for those with these degrees- is it artish sorta stuff?
So what type of career are you thinking of??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
My only advice is to be more specific. Instead of 'marks I am happy with', try putting an actual figure on it, how will you measure it otherwise? One week you might be happy with a 90, and then next you're happy with a 60.

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
I just wanna know what career oppurtunities are there for those with these degrees- is it artish sorta stuff?
So what type of career are you thinking of??
Well, I want to be an Art Teacher - that's why B. ArtEd is my first choice.
If I don't get a high enough UAI for that (it usually jumps around 86-88), I'm planning on doing a 3 year Fine Arts or Visual Arts degree, than a post-grad diploma in teaching or education. :)

hipsta_jess said:
My only advice is to be more specific. Instead of 'marks I am happy with', try putting an actual figure on it, how will you measure it otherwise? One week you might be happy with a 90, and then next you're happy with a 60.
I've done that to avoid disappointment really.... when I was really really specific, I found I started to become worried I wouldn't get that mark - before I'd even started the HSC! Plus I said that in reference to the National Art School extensive course, for which I am unsure of how I will go.

Thanks for the advice though.... I tried to be pretty specific, but still open with the band levels. :cool:
---

Come on guys - I know this place is full of people with big aims and goals ;)

Last edited:

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
Wow...u actually have goals! i'm like lost because i'm not too choose what to do in uni. all the courses i want to do are damn high (hi 90's)..so i guess my goal is to get +98.00 UAI?

Guernica

HSC
Hmmm it would probably be a good idea for me to set some goals for motivational purposes. I might do that tomorrow :)

P

pLuvia

I might as well do it :p

University Course

Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) 98.85
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) 96.4
Bachelor of Medical Science (First year entry) 93
Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics)91.3
Bachelor of Combined Science and Arts (including Combined Advanced Science or Advanced Maths) 83.4
Bachelor of Arts 83.00
Bachelor of Science 81.00

Goals

• Get band 6s for Biology, Maths and Japanese
  • Achieve marks above 85 in all subjects
  • Obtain a UAI of 96.5
  • Happy with obtaining any UAI as long as I get into a course
  • Try to come top 10 in hsc for maths, japanese and biology
  • Go to USYD or UNSW

Add more that comes to my mind :p It's a start :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
1. Airline Pilot

Now, to acheive my pilotism, all I must do is pass Year 12 with satifactory marks in Maths and Physics.

In the scenario where I fail the Class 1 Medical; here are my academic goals;

University
I really do want to be a pilot, and as a result, I have only taken a liking to one course;

- B Arts (Media/Communications), Major in Journalism at Sydney - 98.00

School

- Top 10 in maths [school]
- Top 30 in Physics and Economics
- Top 50 in English Advanced
Hence;
-Band 6s in all [Maths, Physics, Eco, English]
Hence a UAI of 99.95
If 99.95 is nigh on impossible, I want 98+ to get into journalism.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
- Band 6's in English, Drama, and Modern History
- At least band 5's in everything else
- UAI over 90
- Get into desired uni course (havent decided what that is, exactly, yet...)
- School rankings: first in everything would be great. realistically, i'd like to be first in everything but maths (because it really isnt going to happen), where i'm just hoping for a reasonable rank (ie in the top 50%). but i will, i WILL blitz everthing else. :p

Guernica

HSC
I think I would be happy to get band 5s in everything. And I want a UAI in the mid-high 80s. I have no idea what I want to do at uni yet... so it's kind of hard to set my goals.

I just want to be happy. And stay sain. And try to keep some level of social life.

HSC
my advice guys: STUDY AHEAD IN YOUR SUMMER HOLIDAYS
START STUDYING FOR TRIALS AFTER YOUR HALF YEARLIES

I know it sounds far fetched, but trust me do it !

duggoh

Adam
HSC
My goals aren't really that major for next yr:
+Actually begin studying.
+Use my study periods to actually study.
+B Arts at Macquarie (without education... majoring in media and cultural studies).
B Arts at Sydney Uni w./ education.
B Arts at UNSW w./ education.
+Uai aim of 90.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Guernica said:
I think I would be happy to get band 5s in everything. And I want a UAI in the mid-high 80s. I have no idea what I want to do at uni yet... so it's kind of hard to set my goals.

I just want to be happy. And stay sain. And try to keep some level of social life.
Well, for me, i'd like to go a step higher.
I want all band 5s and 6s and a uai in the 90s. I dunno what to do in uni either. Maybe engineering or arts or law or science.

xxxx8888

HSC
- get a UAI of 85+
- revise consistently
...and yeah, that's about it. oh, and maybe 100% attendance. lol.

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
UAI of 96 to nab me a bachelor of medical science with a 3 point safety net.

I'm allowing for some freakish jump in the entry requirements caused by over-educated students. Whatever that means.

P

pLuvia

Same trying to get into medical science, but would like to get into the bachelor of science (advanced) 96.4 or bachelor of arts (advanced) 98.85 but more wanting to get into bachelor of science (molecular biology and genetics) 91.3
These UAI cut offs are only at USYD :)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
kadlil said:
Same trying to get into medical science, but would like to get into the bachelor of science (advanced) 96.4 or bachelor of arts (advanced) 98.85 but more wanting to get into bachelor of science (molecular biology and genetics) 91.3
These UAI cut offs are only at USYD :)
Bachelor of science would rock my world - but I have to set myself realistic goals, 96.4 is likely out of my reach.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
still haf no goals watsoever. =P but aiming for the highest
if the world doesn't go my way, billy blue here i come. =D

P

pLuvia

96.4 Bachelor Science is the Advanced course, there's still the bachelor science which is 81 :)

Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) 98.85
Bachelor of Science (Advanced) 96.4
Bachelor of Medical Science (First year entry) 93
Bachelor of Science (Molecular Biology and Genetics) 91.3
Bachelor of Combined Science and Arts (including Combined Advanced Science or Advanced Maths) 83.4
Bachelor of Arts 83.00
Bachelor of Science 81.00

These are my preferred course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)