HSC IPT 2007 Discussion (1 Viewer)

Beege

HSC
I've started up this topic because it is a great way for everyone who is doing this subject in 2007 to discuss certain stuff, how they are going in this course etc.

Yeah so enjoy!

Beege

HSC
I'll start

IPT is going alright so far and yeh i'm doing well with a rank of 1st and we have so far done 1 assessment and my next assessment is a database assignment uh oh!

Beege

HSC
true I love it, probably my favourite subject

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Bludge potential of IPT has fallen due to more content in the HSC course even though it is entirely built on the Preliminary course and I now have to actually aquire and learn new knowledge for the course.

Beege

HSC
can't wait to start the multimedia option in term 2!! website design yeah!

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Don't forget, stick to the syllabus and you can't go wrong. A major thing to remember is to learn the concept of how things work, the exams last year were majorly based around knowing the concepts rather than just rewriting the text book, so work with the "Students Learn To" part of the syllabus. Really though, there is nothing really that hard to understand. As seremify007 said, it's a great subject to study and quite relaxing.

The only real challenge is staying off the net in class ;)

Just an early tip.

Valency

HSC
I used to like it, but it becomes repetitive. Very repetitive.
Not to mention that most of the teachers (in my experience), are weird, and actually know little about the subject. My IPT teacher types with one finger and gets all his information out of the text book.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
*grin* Valency *grin*

well..................

in my experience "most" students are lazy.. no matter how "exciting" I make it for them
they regurgitate out of the textbook and avoid the Learning Activities like the plague because it requires .. *shock* *horror*.. INDEPENDENT THOUGHT

lets agree to keep the teacher "bashing" to a minimum in the forum
IPT is a good subject with relevance for many careers
so let's all just enjoy it

:wave:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
IPT is awesome.

Easy, relaxing (as seremify007 stated), and helpful for picking up useful skills and insight into the world around you.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
IPT is the best subject

You can learn it all yourself basically

because generally people don't learn anything in class, unless you've got a good teacher

Ivancroatian

HSC
uhawww said:
Don't forget, stick to the syllabus and you can't go wrong. A major thing to remember is to learn the concept of how things work, the exams last year were majorly based around knowing the concepts rather than just rewriting the text book, so work with the "Students Learn To" part of the syllabus. Really though, there is nothing really that hard to understand. As seremify007 said, it's a great subject to study and quite relaxing.

The only real challenge is staying off the net in class ;)

Just an early tip.

true. countless times had to move around the class so the teacher couldnt annoy us.

Alt+tab worked a treat most of the times, just leave some important site/page on but browsing useless sites most of the time.

and still got a awesome mark. by far the easiest exam/subject.

bboundy

HSC
Ivancroatian said:
true. countless times had to move around the class so the teacher couldnt annoy us.

Alt+tab worked a treat most of the times, just leave some important site/page on but browsing useless sites most of the time.

and still got a awesome mark. by far the easiest exam/subject.
If you use a mac it makes this course and SDD much easier (imo). And cmd+H works a treat when browsing useless websites.

CrAzEe Lady

HSC
I like ipt, i'm tied 1st in the class. I have trouble remembering things though. When i type things up it doesn't get into my head. So by exam time last year i'd dropped heaps of rankings and got like 55% or something. But i still did okay because i get top marks in the assessments where i can get help with.

relena

HSC
hi, i tend to find this subject very boring. I am not able to remember things for tests due to this. And as a result i get low marks. On top of this my teacher is very boring & can't teach.....Does any one have any study tips or anything on IPT? Cheers.

Beege

HSC
I got a database assignment today, it's due friday week, fuckkkkk but it doesn't look that hard

dunnzii

HSC
I enjoy the practical so much, yet the theory kills my life !

Our school had no option to choose from I.T that's why.

Do you think dropping from 3rd in your class to 13th is REAL bad >???? lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)