HSC life (1 Viewer)

SuperMike96

HSC
How is everyone coping with the HSC? I myself am hating it. If the HSC had the 5 stages of grieving then I would be at the anger stage (combined with a little bit of depression) haha.

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
I fucken hate HSC as hell... hopefully it is going to over over... and we can enjoy life. My teachers can't even mark our english papers properly, she gives one girl a top mark and they rest lower than 15. I just hate HSC... I will rate the HSC 0 ( from a scale of 0 to 10).

SuperMike96

HSC
I fucken hate HSC as hell... hopefully it is going to over over... and we can enjoy life. My teachers can't even mark our english papers properly, she gives one girl a top mark and they rest lower than 15. I just hate HSC... I will rate the HSC 0 ( from a scale of 0 to 10).
I feel for you man. The HSC is shitballs.

hoofheartedgirl

HSC
I hate it. Nuf said. English takes up so much of my time! To add to that, I like to procrastinate so needless to say, I'm a crammer... Cramming for half yearlies

mac1996

HSC
the hsc is never going to be as fair as it should be
its all about, the game of who can suck off the teacher the most

Last edited:

Capt Rifle

HSC
I despise it with a passion. :(

Can't wait till it's all over, then I can just.... sleep.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
The HSC is not about studying 10 hours a day. It is about managing teachers impressions and manipulating the little knowledge you know into a logical, compelling and sustained answer. That overrides any consistent study.

SunnyScience

HSC
The HSC is not about studying 10 hours a day. It is about managing teachers impressions and manipulating the little knowledge you know into a logical, compelling and sustained answer. That overrides any consistent study.
+100000 This is sooooooooooooo true. If I could "like" this, I would.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Still about the same school life for me. Don't feel pressured or such, pretty stale so far. But that's because I've been taking it easy with school and studying. Overall doing the same as last year. I understand you guys take it a lot further cause it does kind of determine your future...but yeah, relax a little and maybe it wouldn't seem so bad.

DancingAnz

HSC
I swear no one ever told me yr 12 would be this bad... I'm hating it!

CloudDeter

HSC
Well apart from the dreadful exams I'm really trying to enjoy my last year of school with my friends.

Deliriously

HSC
I think someone has mentioned this before on this forum but the HSC is nothing but a mind game. If you put your mind to work and try to minimise those distractions and periods of procrastination, you may realise that the HSC is not all that stressful.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of doom and gloom here!

I think what kept me from feeling this in yr 12, was having a balanced life with some overseas travel, dance etc. and other things to keep me occupied, so the HSC didn't feel like some monolithic monster waiting at the end of the year.

And it's what gets you to the social funland that is university (though you can still have fun with your final year with HS friends, so treasure that). Also I don't subscribe into the HSC making your future (PROTIP: Your high ATAR doesn't do anything if you don't apply yourself at university or have ambition in life afterwards). But it's always good to finish the year knowing you put your best foot forward. When you get the number, always look into bonus points, flexible entry schemes, transfer options during uni etc. The ATAR is just your first little admission ticket into university, it's not the defining one.

Capt Rifle

HSC
A lot of doom and gloom here!

I think what kept me from feeling this in yr 12, was having a balanced life with some overseas travel, dance etc. and other things to keep me occupied, so the HSC didn't feel like some monolithic monster waiting at the end of the year.

And it's what gets you to the social funland that is university (though you can still have fun with your final year with HS friends, so treasure that). Also I don't subscribe into the HSC making your future (PROTIP: Your high ATAR doesn't do anything if you don't apply yourself at university or have ambition in life afterwards). But it's always good to finish the year knowing you put your best foot forward. When you get the number, always look into bonus points, flexible entry schemes, transfer options during uni etc. The ATAR is just your first little admission ticket into university, it's not the defining one.
Thank you for putting it that way, I feel better about myself now. lol

ssinha

HSC
Hey guys,

As a recent HSC graduate, I gotta admit HSC was not the funnest of times. During the year it's all good, you still have enough time to hang out with mates and all that. At the end of it all, you will feel like burning those English essays and axing those maths formulas.

BUT that being said, it's so important to keep motivated. I needed a really high ATAR to get what I wanted in uni (which i didn't get), but that really helped me throughout the year. Besides that, sports and schooling activities are REALLY important. Because, honestly, once you get your ATAR, it will be these sorta activities that will help you stand out from every other student in the state!

Feel free to inbox me if you need any tips or advice on the HSC or prelim/HSC tutoring.
Best of luck everyone!

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
It's all perspective. I found that rather than getting angry at life, I would try and deal with it but now I've grown to become an apathetic person so maybe that's not a good idea. Sometimes you feel as though you have no motivation to do anything and you're waiting for it to come. So if you ever find yourself in that situation, you just have to get up and do it. JUST DO IT. The year will go quickly enough (in hindsight).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)