HSC marking (1 Viewer)

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hi, I've got a question.
For the people who don't go to top 10 schools, I'm guessing the marking at their schools is more lenient in favour of them. So how does HSC marking work for chemistry? I recall the raw mark for a b6 is ~71.

Do they take marks of whenever they can or what's with the lower raw mark for a b6 compared to something like eco or business?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Hi, I've got a question.
For the people who don't go to top 10 schools, I'm guessing the marking at their schools is more lenient in favour of them. So how does HSC marking work for chemistry? I recall the raw mark for a b6 is ~71.

Do they take marks of whenever they can or what's with the lower raw mark for a b6 compared to something like eco or business?
Different schools have different teachers and different teachers have different marking.
B6 is so low for Chem because of the anal marking guidelines which you HAVE to answer/address in order to get the marks, regardless of how deeply and well you answered the question.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Hi, I've got a question.

Not true. I go to a ~250 school, and the marking is exactly the same as HSC criteria, so we don't fall into a false sense of security and then get raped by the absurd marking guidelines of the HSC.
But as said before, HSC chemistry markers look to take off marks in every possible place, hence the low band 6 cut off.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Not true. I go to a ~250 school, and the marking is exactly the same as HSC criteria, so we don't fall into a false sense of security and then get raped by the absurd marking guidelines of the HSC.
But as said before, HSC chemistry markers look to take off marks in every possible place, hence the low band 6 cut off.
Chemistry > HSC positive marking

v1

HSC
Hi, I've got a question.

i went to top 100 school, my school's science faculty were extremely harsh markers. internal raw 79% external raw 85%
HSC markers probs take marks off you every opportunity they have
also chem band 6 cutoff is usually 72-74, never below 71

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
i went to top 100 school, my school's science faculty were extremely harsh markers. internal raw 79% external raw 85%
HSC markers probs take marks off you every opportunity they have
also chem band 6 cutoff is usually 72-74, never below 71
It can be lower than 72 if the option topic you do scales crazy (does happen).

Frie

Wannabe Inventor
HSC
It can be lower than 72 if the option topic you do scales crazy (does happen).
Wait do options get scaled separately? Because some options might be harder than others.

Or are they considered equal, and only the total exam mark gets scaled (out of 100).

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Wait do options get scaled separately? Because some options might be harder than others.

Or are they considered equal, and only the total exam mark gets scaled (out of 100).
different options align differently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)