HSC Marks Thread 2019 (1 Viewer)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
I got an atar of 94.7 due to my poor performance in japanese. My ideal course is a double degree on advanced maths and computer science (honor) at unsw. Its cutoff is 95. I am an international student, and I got 98 for ext1 maths and 95 for ext2maths, I have also participated unsw maths competition and programming competition and came 3rd. Is there any hope that they can put me as a special case and let me do that course? :(
I’m pretty sure you’ve already got guaranteed entry into that course... with that atar you’ll definitely get in. Plus you’ll get bonus points for your performance in ex1 and ext2 maths...

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
HSC NINJA for the 2019 cohort is up guys! Go checkout your school ;)

catha230

HSC
I got an atar of 94.7 due to my poor performance in japanese. My ideal course is a double degree on advanced maths and computer science (honor) at unsw. Its cutoff is 95. I am an international student, and I got 98 for ext1 maths and 95 for ext2maths, I have also participated unsw maths competition and programming competition and came 3rd. Is there any hope that they can put me as a special case and let me do that course? :(
Congratulations on your 94.7 ATAR. That's amazing! It just occurred to me that if you're an international student, the cut off for you might be different from that for domestic students (usually 5 marks lower). For example, I'm pretty sure atar cut off for med for international students is like 97 and that for actuary is around 93 (at UNSW) so please do not panic yet. Best idea would be contacting the uni directly for more info.
Regards,

psmao

HSC
I’m pretty sure you’ve already got guaranteed entry into that course... with that atar you’ll definitely get in. Plus you’ll get bonus points for your performance in ex1 and ext2 maths...
really? but i have never received any email from them about my early entry... except a conditional offer? but it was like april

psmao

HSC
Congratulations on your 94.7 ATAR. That's amazing! It just occurred to me that if you're an international student, the cut off for you might be different from that for domestic students (usually 5 marks lower). For example, I'm pretty sure atar cut off for med for international students is like 97 and that for actuary is around 93 (at UNSW) so please do not panic yet. Best idea would be contacting the uni directly for more info.
Regards,
thanks for that reply, is there any direct email address to them?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
really? but i have never received any email from them about my early entry... except a conditional offer? but it was like april
Idk but all I know is you should definitely get accepted into that degree, so maybe email unsw or wait for an offer?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly was kinda thrilled with the results but my parents had such high expectations they're treating me as if I did really badly, fml
Congratulations on your stellar ATAR and results. What do you plan to do with it?

catha230

HSC
thanks for that reply, is there any direct email address to them?
Hi, I'm not really sure whether this following email address is the most apt one or not but I have contacted UNSW via this address before for info about a course that I was interested in and it seemed that the guy knew his stuff well.
info@unsw.edu.au. All the best!

Xzyle

HSC
Any thoughts on Commerce Law at USYD? It seems like a generic course that my whole life has been leading towards, my parents are have been encouraging me to do it since year 9 when I told them I would have nothing to do with medicine, seeing as my sister is busy all the time working nightshifts and whatnot.
Honestly at this point I don't really know what I want to do, just that something business/finance related, or potentially law related. I was thinking that ComLaw would keep my options open, but I'd just like some clarification from someone who knows more of the wide scope of career prospects that ComLaw has to offer.

Also, on a separate note, does anyone know if I can apply for scholarships at USYD under both the "Business faculty" and "Law faculty", as a ComLaw student?

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Any thoughts on Commerce Law at USYD? It seems like a generic course that my whole life has been leading towards, my parents are have been encouraging me to do it since year 9 when I told them I would have nothing to do with medicine.
My advice is to pick a field that you're genuinely passionate about. From what you said, it doesn't really sound like you genuinely want to do Comm/Law.

MattyA

HSC
Does anyone have access to an excel spreadsheet version of the 2019 distinguished achievers list? I am looking to complete a 2019 report on it. Many thanks in advance

Xzyle

HSC
"All aspects of life are worship for a Muslim"

How well does the statement reflect the impact of Al Ghazali
can someone please help with this question
Don't think this is the right thread to ask that in haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)