HSC Marks vs UAI- What are you most anxious about? (1 Viewer)

What are you most anxious about?

• HSC Marks

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • UAI

Votes: 53 74.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Hey.
I'm just wondering what you are most anxious to get- HSC marks or UAI. I know that they are both related but in my opinion, getting HSC marks will give you a slightly better idea of the UAI you'll be getting. For me, HSC marks will get me because of this post-exam stress at this very second and I'm curious to know how I performed in each subject rather than overall.

*What are your thoughts?

*What are you most anxious to get?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Definitely UAI, as long as I get the UAI I want I couldn't care less what my HSC marks are.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Definitely more anxious about the UAI, that's arguably the most important part of the HSC. :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ah, I would say it depends on the scaling of your subjects, and ultimately I do think the UAI is more important, but if your subjects scale reasonably, you can plug in your HSC marks into SAM and come out with a UAI reasonably close to your actual UAI without too much drama. Therefore I think HSC marks are the most important......till you receive them. Hence why I was screaming around the house the day of HSC marks, but when the UAI came, I was just like--hmmm, that makes sense.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i know the hsc only finished like 5 days ago but damn i wish they could just hurry up with the marking and give us our results sooner! :) i just want to know so i can stop thinking about it and get on with my life, lol. i still feel like a school student.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
More anxious about the UAI because that will ultimately decide which uni course I get into, but atm I really want to know my HSC marks because I'm curious to know how I performed in each subject. On top of that getting my HSC marks will allow me to predict my UAI... though not completely accurate, I'll at least know if I got in the high 90s/low 90s/80s/etc.

ane_st

HSC
I don't really care about my HSC marks... the UAI is all i need for uni, so that's all i care about... I think people have already said this... Oh the problems with threads like this!

bboyelement

HSC
wtf ... a good hsc mark is an indication of a good uai ... its bloody the same

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I would have to say HSC marks. Why? Well, these are the results we see FIRST!!! (unless you oddly decide to wait the extra day for UAI only...lol) We can make a rough guestimate from them and the resultant UAI should come as no big surprise. Also, schools don't have access to UAIs; they only have access to our HSC results. Hence this is where we make our final impression on the teachers and the school...lol. I remember in the results of the 2005 HSC where everyone in our class was discussing the results of the class of 05 (not the actual marks of course since that's a breach of privacy, but stuff like who topped the state in something and how many people scored band 6/E4 etc) because our teacher was looking through them while we were working....lol....I'd imagine history would repeat itself with our results discussed by the class of 07. Normally our presentation day would be on the day the results are released, but not this year. Presentation day is earlier than that day, so at least we won't have to put up with teachers at school discussing our marks in front of us....lol

vg_woz_here

HSC
i dont care...both are equally important.

How come there is no "both" in the poll.

lol but i chose Hsc marks.

ane_st

HSC
bboyelement said:
wtf ... a good hsc mark is an indication of a good uai ... its bloody the same
Your UAI is a rank - which is based on your rank within the school and then of your school or whatever.. I dont really care how it works - but rank is more important, so i would still go with UAI

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Half of our anxiety would disappear when getting our HSC marks or dare I say, we get twice as anxious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)