HSC marks (1 Viewer)

i hate HSC

Been there done that
HSC
Hey peeps did anyone get over 80 in the exam??????

i hate HSC

Been there done that
HSC
hmmmmm

everyone i've talked to so far has got in the 70-79 range, do u reckon standard english got scaled down???

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Both standard and advanced are actually scaled the same... and there have already been numerous other threads where it's been explained, so I'll not repeat it again here.

Top mark in 2002 was 88.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Both standard and advanced are actually scaled the same... and there have already been numerous other threads where it's been explained, so I'll not repeat it again here.

Top mark in 2002 was 88.
lol, it must been that damn paper 1 that screws everyone around.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
having said they're scaled together, it is much harder for a standard student to prove they are of a high standard (ie in band six or high band 5) because their paper doesn't provide for it whereas the advanced paper is just that, so to get an even average mark on the advanced paper is considered what a standard person would have to do to achieve a high mark on the standard paper. Our head of English (coincidentally one of the senior markers) explained that to us and encouraged anyone who he thought was capable to do advanced to do it because he felt they would not be able to show their full potential on the standard paper and thus be disadvantaged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)