hsc marks?! (1 Viewer)

rubypinky:)

HSC
i saw this tiktok video explaining on how we need to study for internals and how they are so important because for hsc we take other people mark based on internals. So if my internal ranking is 16th, i take the 16th person's hsc marks?! i think that BS cause even though i come 16th then for hsc i come 5th or 24th i still take the 16th person mark? And on the comment i saw "Someone for the first time explaining right"... suddenly, for a moment i had a thought then i can literally flunck my hsc as long as my internal marks are good. Tell me this IS FAKE!!! i need my mindest ot study harder for the HSC or actually tell me the truth.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
i saw this tiktok video explaining on how we need to study for internals and how they are so important because for hsc we take other people mark based on internals. So if my internal ranking is 16th, i take the 16th person's hsc marks?! i think that BS cause even though i come 16th then for hsc i come 5th or 24th i still take the 16th person mark? And on the comment i saw "Someone for the first time explaining right"... suddenly, for a moment i had a thought then i can literally flunck my hsc as long as my internal marks are good. Tell me this IS FAKE!!! i need my mindest ot study harder for the HSC or actually tell me the truth.
it's technically wrong cuz you don't take someone else's mark, it's not quite right but close enough given your cohort doesn't flunk

either way, internals + moderation account for half of yo hsc mark so u should do well in those

carrotsss

HSC
it’s only for half ur mark - your moderated school assessment mark, and the other half is your own aligned exam mark. and you don’t exactly take the 16th highest mark, it’s also based on the relative mark differences between rankings

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The process that you are describing is called moderation. This process is used to determine your Assessment Mark, which is the mark that reflects your internal performance and contributes 50% of your overall HSC mark in a subject, the remaining 50% coming from the HSC exam mark (known as the Examination Mark) achieved in the subject. The moderation process involves using a student's internal rank relative to their cohort as well as the HSC marks achieved in the student's cohort to determine their Assessment Mark in the subject. However, the moderation process is only used to determine the Assessment Mark (i.e. 50% of the overall HSC mark). On the other hand, the Examination Mark is determined according to a student's own performance in the HSC exam of the subject in question.

Essentially, the highest Assessment Mark (which would be awarded to the student ranked first internally) is made equal to the highest HSC exam mark achieved by any student in the school cohort. For example, Student A placed first in a particular subject, and the highest HSC mark achieved in Student A's cohort was 90. Student A will also receive 90 as their Assessment Mark. However, this does not mean that Student A "stole" the highest HSC exam mark, as the other student will still receive 90 as their HSC exam mark. Similarly, the lowest Assessment Mark (which would be awarded to the student ranked last internally) is made equal to the lowest HSC exam mark achieved by any student in the school cohort. In terms of ranks in between, the Assessment Marks awarded are usually not made equal to their equivalent HSC exam marks, although they will be similar (see the diagram on NESA's moderation page as provided by WeiWeiMan).

I hope this helps! 😄

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i think you should get off tiktok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)