HSC Modern History or Business Studies (1 Viewer)

Benno222

HSC
So I am about to drop one of my subjects for my HSC in the near future, and I need advice as to what I should drop.

My subjects are:

Maths Advanced
English extension 1
English Advanced
Chemistry
Economics
Business Studies
Modern History
SOR 1

At the moment I am tossing up between Modern History or Business Studies. My mark at the moment for Modern in 90% whilst Business is 97%, but I am really not sure what to do.

With modern, I am primarily worried as to their assessment methods, in particular the very subjective marking of source sections of exams that I have experienced. Business studies, primarily the workload.

I guess I would like some advice about the workload, scaling and general information to help me make a better decision

Thanks

bujolover

HSC
So I am about to drop one of my subjects for my HSC in the near future, and I need advice as to what I should drop.

My subjects are:

Maths Advanced
English extension 1
English Advanced
Chemistry
Economics
Business Studies
Modern History
SOR 1

At the moment I am tossing up between Modern History or Business Studies. My mark at the moment for Modern in 90% whilst Business is 97%, but I am really not sure what to do.

With modern, I am primarily worried as to their assessment methods, in particular the very subjective marking of source sections of exams that I have experienced. Business studies, primarily the workload.

I guess I would like some advice about the workload, scaling and general information to help me make a better decision

Thanks
I think MH has better scaling, but at the same time, it is very subjective, like you said. I don't personally know anything about either course, so hopefully someone who has insight into at least one of them replies.

Frostguard

HSC
In terms of scaling, Modern History scales better
In terms of workload, I think Business Studies would have more content
In terms of general information and what you should keep I think it's better for you to Keep Business Studies. You perform better in the subject and scaling won't matter because your 97% ain't gonna dramatically drop to a 95% and same thing applies to Modern - a 90% will not necessarily be scaled to a 92%. Whilst Modern is a refresher subject from your other Humanities, I'd recommend keeping Business because in my opinion, Business and Economics complement each other, having similar concepts and information that can be applied to both subjects. If you also prefer Business over Modern whether it's interest or marks or it's a university prequisite, then by all means keep it because it'll help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)