HSC Music Perf - How Did You Go? (1 Viewer)

antmcleod

HSC
Hi all,
I had my performance exams on wednesday september 13th. I was quite content with my performance. I only made one mistake on my first piece. It was the boston rain melody by steve vai. I play guitar btw. I then played one of my own pieces and two joe satriani pieces. We graduated on friday (the one just passed) and it was announced in front of the entire grad mass that i got nominated for ENCORE! I'm really happy about it...but now comes the hard part of making it to the final program... :( Congrats to all those who went well

adzor

HSC
antmcleod said:
Hi all,
I had my performance exams on wednesday september 13th. I was quite content with my performance. I only made one mistake on my first piece. It was the boston rain melody by steve vai. I play guitar btw. I then played one of my own pieces and two joe satriani pieces. We graduated on friday (the one just passed) and it was announced in front of the entire grad mass that i got nominated for ENCORE! I'm really happy about it...but now comes the hard part of making it to the final program... :( Congrats to all those who went well
Wow thats awesome!! ive always wanted to play in encore lol not that i would ever get picked

I killed my music performances, i do music 1 by correspondence and play guitar. I played guitar boogie shuffle, riviera paradise and europa. I also did a viva on carlos santana which didnt go quite as well as the performances but yeah. I really enjoyed music shame its over lol now we gotta study for all those other subjects!! but you know what we will all be doin as soon as hsc is all over lol straight back to those instruments!!

Go the Muzos!! Good luck everyone!

Adz.

crazeesodafizz

HSC
Hey!!

I play flute, and I thought I screwed up my HSC performance because I had a cold, and I forgot to move one of my pages and had to stop for 2 bars!! But, I pretended I meant to stop, and apparently nobody noticed. I did Music 2 and Extension Music (Performance), and got nominated for Encore. It was very suprising considering the mammoth mistake I made, and during the year I always got average marks (compared to all the freaky piano players).

So I'm stoked! Well done everyone on finishing music performance!!!

Aimee

JhK89

HSC
glad everything is done BEst wishes for the theory tests!

erin_tonkin

HSC
i screwed up my sight singing something shocking!!

who else had the number one one where the tune was way higher than the actual tonic ect.
it was really bad.

in my trial i did really well. As a percentage i got 95% in both music 2 and extension

rickem

RÎçkõ
HSC
Yeh, sight singing isn't much fun, i screwed that up too...
But my teacher said the performance was awesome, best he'd ever heard me play so i was really happy with that.

lil dynamyt

HSC
I just did my music 1 performances today!!!

Did really well. Everything was good...so happyy. The only thing i thought i did wrong was play my last piece, Prelude 1 by Gershwin a little too fast.

Yer but overall im really pleased with myself. Can't wait for my results

bussoti

HSC
My accompanist screwed up a bar, which put us both out because that section is pretty much call and response. I think I screwed up my viva, and because I was so nervous, my throat got incredibly dry by my singing piece, so I don't even want to think about what I got for that. I'm just, really annoyed at myself that after practicing a piece for almost two years, researching a viva for the same time and knowing everything there is to know I just end up succumbing to nerves when it comes to crunch time. It doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist, but whatever. I have 10 units, I need to get 83 in my UAI, so, hahha, I'm packing it.

idling fire

HSC
Well my music 1 performances went... interestingly...
The first piece was okay, but I screwed one part of the second (and screwed it again on the repeat). I was going for consistency, I guess.

Music is not going to be counted for my UAI, so it's all good.

bethrealistic

HSC
Anyone else finished music 2?

Best I've ever played in my core piece - but the sight singing killed me.
Normally I'm OK at it, but we've never really had ones that hard in class. Probably the fault of my teacher, eh.

Evil Sprinkles

HSC
Perhaps my contribution may revive this thread.
I had my performance a couple of weeks ago, September 24th.
All my pieces went insanely well and im actually really confident about wherei might be sitting (Im hoping for at least a band 5)

One problem I had though was during my rock performance (Kissing the Shadows - Children of Bodom) At the end of a very hard snare fill i threw in, i bounced my stick off the snare so that it flipped into the air. It did two backflips before i caught it and came back in on time PERFECTLY only to look up and find that the examiners weren't even watching...FML

:D

BillEvans

HSC
haha.. good work with the fill...unlucky they didn't see..
Had music2+ext.perf. practicals few weeks ago...around the same time i think. Pretty confident about how i went...hopefully band 6.

Doing 6 songs in a row wasn't easy though..and huge impro solos in half of them. Really FREEZzzin in the hall i did them in...not good for playin piano. Had warmed up accompanying for other mates pieces luckily. Also the examiners were hell nice.

Mostly jazz/funk playing....had to chuck a classical song in to keep them happy.

btw my drummer friend had an insane setup for his core piece - 9 toms- all around him

Mortalitas

HSC
Mine went quite well, there's no way it's going to result in anything special considering haf my pieces were metal and the the only option for my accompanying guitarists to play through amp wise were maybe a little overboard for the room we were in (120 watts all tube anyone?).

jasondf

HSC
I play drums, I think I did well - obviously not my best ever performances but they were good.
Core performance was just a drum solo - went pretty good, was pleased.
My other elective performance was with Stage Band - Caravan. I love this piece, so much fun. Here's a vid of a practice run before the actual thing!
YouTube - Caravan - Jason De freitas

Now the rest of the stupid HSC...
Jason

big_jezza

HSC
hade my performances a few weeks ago, think i went REALLY well, was soo nervous before hand, walked in and my nerves just seem to disappear. i suppose its a little bit easier when your a singer (i think) but yeh, was really happy when i walked out and part of my HSC was done, thank god my friends understand :)

RBKSoulja

HSC
I kinda screwed up a little bit in my Music 2 performances, but my extension pieces ran pretty smoothly. I was also really nervous about the sight singing, but it turned out to be really easily, it was in D maj and it returned to the tonic note all the time hahaha. but the last note was a bit low for me so i reckon 4/5 =(

BUT a couple of weeks ago, i received a letter from the Board telling me that I had been nominated to perform at ENCORE!! =D=D
me and the other girl from our school who got nominated were absolutely speechless when the teacher gave us our letters! but now i have to record my WHOLE repertoire again *grrrr*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)