HSC Oral Examinations (1 Viewer)

Memi

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone, how did you all go for your Languages Oral? Was it easier than expected? Worse? Did they ask the questions you expected them to?

I just finished my Japanese Oral today. Glad to get 20% of my HSC out of the way, but it was more difficult that I was prepared for. The questions asked were so narrow and specific and more often than not, my mind blanked on me.

kroiston

HSC
I definitely thought my Japanese oral was more narrow than what I prepared for. But I was still able to direct the conversation in the way I wanted - adding emphasis on some words that I knew I could go on about - then the examiner would be like "hee, sou desuka" - then ask about whatever I added emphasis to.

I know it might sound a bit weird but I definitely think the "easier" more basic questions are a lot harder to answer - if I get a more elaborate question there's so much more you can work with and link to other stuff, but with the questions with simpler grammar, it's a bit more difficult.

How do you think you went?

Memi

HSC
N/A
The nerves definitely led to many moments of silence where my mind could comprehend the question, but I could not answer. Haha it's over I guess. Did you use lots of different grammar/structures?

rainydays

HSC
I definetly agree Japanese was more narrow then I was expecting. The nerves got to me and I just blanked on some of the questions, needing the examiner to rephrase them for me but overall it could have gone worse. I can't believe how fast it went though, felt as though I'd only been speaking for 4-5 minutes.

Memi

HSC
N/A
I completely agree! The time passed too quickly. I felt that it was insufficient to show what I was capable of. Secretly, I wish the conversation went for more than 10 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)