• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HSC OVERALL MARKS GOAL AND/OR REALISTIC PREDICTIONS (4 Viewers)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
English: maybe 91-92? idk as long as they don’t curveball us too hard it should be possible my teacher seems to believe in it
MX2: hopefully high 90s
MX1: hopefully high 90s
Chem: hopefully high 90s
Phys: idek at this point given how trials went %-wise (ranking is fine at least) but I think I should be able to make a comeback and get decent b6 in the six days before the exam, like that’s enough time for like 15 papers + a bunch of cramming the history stuff/experiments into my brain
what atar are you aiming for carrots

carrotsss

HSC
what atar are you aiming for carrots
im jus a farmer all i need is 23 and my friends will be pround

fr though I don’t really care, higher atar = better chance for scholarship which is nice but tbh all I really need is a 93 (assuming e4 in mx1 or b5/e3 in english and mx1 for bonus points) to get into my course so its fine, like with my rankings as long as I don’t completely flunk the hsc I should get that pretty easily

carrotsss

HSC
bruh did nesa come together and decide to make mod 7/8 painful for every science subject?
mod 7 chemistry is like amazing but mod 8 is just so mid, it’s incredible how they screwed it up like nesa was going so good with the chem syllabus and then they just ran out of ideas for mod8

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
mod 7 chemistry is like amazing but mod 8 is just so mid, it’s incredible how they screwed it up like nesa was going so good with the chem syllabus and then they just ran out of ideas for mod8
mod 7 would be pretty mint if it wasn't for polymer, I'd rather mod 8 than polymers

mod 8 is just annoying af

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
although i agree mod 5 and 6 are peak hsc, don't even rlly need to study for them as long as you undersatnd the concepts its so satisfying

carrotsss

HSC
mod 7 would be pretty mint if it wasn't for polymer, I'd rather mod 8 than polymers

mod 8 is just annoying af
yeah polymers sucks, im like decent w it bc we had a full assessment on it but it’s still just a lot of memorisation and they leave it so open ended that u pre much have to know everything

carrotsss

HSC
although i agree mod 5 and 6 are peak hsc, don't even rlly need to study for them as long as you undersatnd the concepts its so satisfying
yeah mod 5/6 are so amazing it’s just like free marks if u have common sense.

I feel like it’s geared a lot towards mathsy people though, eventhough the maths isn’t complicated at all bc most people in my class (mostly maths standard kids) just cannot do mod 5/6 for some reason

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
yeah polymers sucks, im like decent w it bc we had a full assessment on it but it’s still just a lot of memorisation and they leave it so open ended that u pre much have to know everything
shit I still need to memo all polymer properties and also conductivity curves and anion/cation flowcharts and indicators ahhh oh well we have 20 days

carrotsss

HSC
finalising mod 5 but like idk
have you finished that thing you showed me for it

i feel like once you’ve finished that you’ll be set bc something about explaining to other people forcing you to have a perfect understanding

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
wait do you want me to send u a chem paper my friend made
can u send me as well, appreciate it
shit I still need to memo all polymer properties and also conductivity curves and anion/cation flowcharts and indicators ahhh oh well we have 20 days
im doing that in the last 4/5 days lmao, no point doing it now i feel like itll just leave ur mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)