HSC paper (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No it shouldn't 3 hours isnt a long time. Remember that many other exams go for 3 hours and I would much prefer maths for 3hours then engineering studies for 3hrs.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
3hrs aint too bad

suck on a lolly whilst u do ur exam :p keeps u awake

Winston

HSC
Man, first of all even if everyone agreed, BOS won't second of all, if you're on role and consistently in maths mode it would be better, and 3 hrs? It doesn't seem like 3 Hrs, time goes so quick, you just wish it would be 5 hrs.

kpq_sniper017

i guess it depends on what kind of person u are.

people who fidget and can't get into exam mode generally find 3 hrs a long time. and it seems like a long time especially when u don't know ur work and ur just waiting for the clock to tick by. i guess the same goes for the people who finish the exam about an hour before everyone else does.
how long is the 2U exam meant to take anyway? how long do the examiners generally "set aside" for candidates to check their answers??

*just as a side note, i reckon the english exam should be longer. they say 40 mins is sufficient for one essay, but that requires 120 mins of continuous, no-break writing.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Hmm you can leave in the HSC you know, but our maths teacher is saying if we do he will kill us, because as soon as we walk out the door we would remember how to do something.

nike33

if 3hrs is such a concern just leave after 1.5 hrs...it shouldnt take u longer than this anyway

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
What kind of a stupid thread is this? It's not hard to concentrate for 3 hours under exam conditions, and if you have problems with it maybe you should have left in year 10.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
How about we shorten it to two 2 hour exams? Less time per exam for students, more questions to grade students knowledge for examiners - it's a win-win solution. :)

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
How about we shorten it to two 2 hour exams? Less time per exam for students, more questions to grade students knowledge for examiners - it's a win-win solution. :)
Why don't we do that for every course, make the HSC go for 2 months, push the release of marks/UAI back to middle of January. Or we could hold the HSC a month earlier, and cut learning time and hence content out of the course.

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
BOS Response to request for shorter exams: there has been some concern amongst students that the mathematics examinations have been overly lengthy, and hence we have decided to rectify this by reducing exam time by an hour...

sorry couldn't resist the lame pun :p

What I don't get is why the Ext. 1 exam is 2 hours.
3 hours is not a very long time.

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
the time goes so qucikly in the exam, that when you finish you will be like "oh shit!"

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
Originally posted by Estel
BOS Response to request for shorter exams: there has been some concern amongst students that the mathematics examinations have been overly lengthy, and hence we have decided to rectify this by reducing exam time by an hour...

sorry couldn't resist the lame pun :p

Where's the pun....:confused: 'rectify' - I don't get it:confused:

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
Originally posted by Estel

What do you mean? 2 hours is fine for the extension 1 exam (its only one extra unit).

MoNNiE

HSC
3hrs in the mathematics exam goes by relatively fast!
as long as ur focused and motivated u can do it!

just don't do what i did and fall down a hill 10mins before the exam starts; and not tell the supervisor ur in pain with ur knee bleeding~

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Heinz
What do you mean? 2 hours is fine for the extension 1 exam (its only one extra unit).
IYO, would u say time is ur worst enemy in an ext 1 exam, or the difficulty of the paper?

nike33

"IYO, would u say time is ur worst enemy in an ext 1 exam, or the difficulty of the paper?"

neither really..if you do alot of papers you get very quick..when i started doing 3u papers it took all of 2hrs and mussing a few marks only getting in the 80%~ now after about 12 papers i got to about 1hr / 35 mins and improving significantly in marks....try to do the first 3 qns in 15-20 mins, the next 2 in 20-25 mins and 6/7 for the rest...the first qn should take 2-3 mins max...make sure you do this as one or 2 qn 7's took me at least 30 mins to figure out and i still managed to finish

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
IYO, would u say time is ur worst enemy in an ext 1 exam, or the difficulty of the paper?
pffft neither.

Originally posted by Heinz
(its only one extra unit).
Only for non-1337 people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)