HSC past paper books? (1 Viewer)

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
Where can i find past paper books for 4U similar to the success one books?

Anyone have any recommendations?

thanks.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus i think there's that pink book titled "Extension Two Maths" which i think has a whole bunch of past HSC with worked solutions xD

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
MANSW (The Mathematical Association of New South Wales, Inc)
publishes past HSC paper books with solutions for all level maths.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
there are quite a few books out there, but most use the same HSC exams, so once you buy one you've bought them all.

i recommend the MANSW one, it has good clear solutions (sometimes with multiple methods)

my personal opinion is that if you need to do more than 4 or 5 past papers, then you should reassess the way you are learning; you are probably focussing too much on memorising the solutions to questions.

to prepare yourself for uni, most subjects will only provide 1 or 2 past papers if you're lucky (often without solutions) so you need to get used to learning the content rather than memorising exam questions. just my 2c :)

kwabon

Banned
HSC
i would recommend that pink past papers book for 4 unit, as stated by (GUSS....), i think it is published by coroneos publications.

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
i reckon the corroneous solutions, though having more answers to papers, is a bit too confusing with their solutions at their times and I hate that guys font!
The MANSW ones are the way to go and are available for purchase on their site.

chingyloke

Ex-Prince of Manchester.
HSC
thanks guys. i've gone ahead and ordered MANSW and will snoop around for coroneos.

the old method was printing them off the internet and scabbing up answers from somewhere. but then i just ended up odd bits of paper everywhere.

damn success one, too lazy to publish one for hard maths.

vds700

HSC
there are quite a few books out there, but most use the same HSC exams, so once you buy one you've bought them all.

i recommend the MANSW one, it has good clear solutions (sometimes with multiple methods)

my personal opinion is that if you need to do more than 4 or 5 past papers, then you should reassess the way you are learning; you are probably focussing too much on memorising the solutions to questions.

to prepare yourself for uni, most subjects will only provide 1 or 2 past papers if you're lucky (often without solutions) so you need to get used to learning the content rather than memorising exam questions. just my 2c :)
i disagree. the more past papers you do for extension 2, the better prepared you will be for the final exam

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Are the only Past papers that you can buy, HSC past papers? Can't you buy Past papers which aren't HSC past papers?

shady145

Banned
HSC
Are the only Past papers that you can buy, HSC past papers? Can't you buy Past papers which aren't HSC past papers?
yea I bought 100 mx2 past papers, and 100 mx1 past papers that obviously were not past hsc papers

shady145

Banned
HSC
Where from?
on the selling forum on this site ages ago. they are in electronic version tho, ill c how many i got, coz when i bought them they said 250+ of ea but i counted them and it was 100 sumthin, ill check

shady145

Banned
HSC
ok i have 212 files for mx1, these include answers and papers, not all have solutions
and for mx2 214 files, answers and papers

shady145

Banned
HSC
how, 10mb at a time emailing them i'm not doin, theres 75-80mb for mx1 and same for mx2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)