HSC performances Core/Electives (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
In the marking guidelines the Core performance is only worth 10 marks while the elective performances are 20.

Does this mean the core performance is weighted only half as much as the electives? (Should I chose an easier piece to play core the core and save the difficult ones for the elective? (HSC 2008))

thanks

champo14

HSC
dolbinau said:
In the marking guidelines the Core performance is only worth 10 marks while the elective performances are 20.

Does this mean the core performance is weighted only half as much as the electives? (Should I chose an easier piece to play core the core and save the difficult ones for the elective? (HSC 2008))

thanks
Hmm, I never noticed that, I just assumed all Music 2 were marked equal, but there you go.

In theory, I would say yes, do the hard ones for the elective, but keep in mind that you also have to factor in other things, such as time limits AND the period the pieces were written.

When I was organising my program, it took forever to choose pieces that would simply slot within the time limit and that would fit with the core topic and my additional topic, that I wasn't able to sort pieces according to difficulty. I ended up doing much harder pieces for Music 2 than I did for Ext., simply because they fit within the time frame.

dolbinau

HSC
I was talking about Music 1 so it may be different.

Another Music 1 related question.

We have a core performance + 3 electives, if I chose all those electives to be performance that equals 4 performances....but...there is only meant to be 3 topics presented...

Does this mean we can't chose all performance for the electives?

defyinggravity

HSC
^ I think one of the topics can double up, but only one the others have to different

mishy-mushu

HSC
Yeah it is best to do your weaker performance for the core as it is marked easier and not out of as much marks.

2hi2u

HSC
champo14 said:
Hmm, I never noticed that, I just assumed all Music 2 were marked equal, but there you go.
in music 2... for performance, core and elective pieces are worth the same ie 15 each...

--Lammy--

Bludger
HSC
dolbinau said:
I was talking about Music 1 so it may be different.

Another Music 1 related question.

We have a core performance + 3 electives, if I chose all those electives to be performance that equals 4 performances....but...there is only meant to be 3 topics presented...

Does this mean we can't chose all performance for the electives?
You can do 4 performances, as your core doubles up on one of the electives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)