HSC Physics Predictions / Thoughts (3 Viewers)

shashysha

HSC
Im relying on the extended responses being on models of atoms or the light ones, know barely anything for the points like how radiation turned to matter

honestly probably mod 6.
ikr pray for a model of atom and let me spit 9 marks of thomson rutherford and bohr lol

mod 6 probably requires the most understanding i think just because of lenz law which took me forever to understand

Fabrizio

HSC
ikr pray for a model of atom and let me spit 9 marks of thomson rutherford and bohr lol

mod 6 probably requires the most understanding i think just because of lenz law which took me forever to understand
Im fine with anything besides standard model of matter, transformation of matter to radiation and special relativity

shashysha

HSC
guys what module was more focused on last years exam u reckon
i think there was a bigger focus on mod 7/8, however last year they didnt ask about light, the atom, standard model or big bang which worries me cause they might throw it at us tomorrow. also there was a lack of motors/generators for some reason since most trials focused on that a bit

Esdog07

HSC
can someone briefly explain how particle accelerators are evidence for standard model?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
can someone briefly explain how particle accelerators are evidence for standard model?
Particle accelerators convert kinetic energy into mass via collisions, the mass created being quarks, hadrons and leptons (and combinations of such). So it’s direct evidence for the standard model

HSC
what are the drawbacks of the stand. model anyone?

OOH ALSO what equations do we need to derive?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC

Drawbacks of the standard model mainly revolve around lack of explanation of gravity and why it’s weaker than the other forces.
Equations to derive, I’d definitely memorise derivation of Bohr’s angular momentum formula, as well as maybe Torque on a DC motor and maybe relativistic ones, although they are easily explained with the thought experiments.

shashysha

HSC

you derive every equation that isnt on the formula sheet (off the top of my head itd include orbital velocity, escape velocity, total energy)

HSC
Drawbacks of the standard model mainly revolve around lack of explanation of gravity and why it’s weaker than the other forces.
Equations to derive, I’d definitely memorise derivation of Bohr’s angular momentum formula, as well as maybe Torque on a DC motor and maybe relativistic ones, although they are easily explained with the thought experiments.
isnt the torque equation (=nIAB sinx) on the formula sheet or is there another formula?

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
isnt the torque equation (=nIAB sinx) on the formula sheet or is there another formula?
I didn’t know it was on the reference sheet 😂 well guess you don’t need to derive it. In this course, as long as they don’t specifically ask you to derive any formula, you can quote any memorised formula as if they were given to you, e.g total energy of a satellite, escape velocity, velocity on a banked track

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)