• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC predictions (1 Viewer)

thegoat2024

HSC
From my POV the 2022 question didn't hone directly in on totali and was quite broad, so it could be assessed again. Especially since its such a big point of the syllabus. And with the Political transformation and bolsh consolidation, they were either quite broad or specific, so i think a potential question for political transformation would again be quite broad instead of focusing in on Terror.
if its a broad political transformation Q like 'evaluate the view that Stalin politically transformed the soviet state' ill be in business 🤤🤤🤤🤤

radagastthebrown

HSC
They've asked questions on nearly everything except Japanese advance and collaboration and resistance under occupation, so my bet is that it'll be those two. They could ask on other turning points though, since they've only mentioned Coral Sea in the past.

They've asked a question on every dot point for Russia and Soviet Union, so could repeat a 2019 or 2020 question or a broad question that covers multiple dot points.

Not sure about CRM.

StudyNotesTips

HSC
N/A
They've asked questions on nearly everything except Japanese advance and collaboration and resistance under occupation, so my bet is that it'll be those two. They could ask on other turning points though, since they've only mentioned Coral Sea in the past.

They've asked a question on every dot point for Russia and Soviet Union, so could repeat a 2019 or 2020 question or a broad question that covers multiple dot points.

Not sure about CRM.
Your predictions for the exam seem pretty solid, especially with your reasoning about what’s been covered and what hasn’t. For Japanese advance and collaboration/resistance under occupation, it makes sense to expect something here since these are often neglected in exams. It might be worth focusing on primary examples or historiographical perspectives to strengthen your argument for these topics.

For Russia and Soviet Union, if they’ve already hit all the dot points, you're right that a repeat or broader question could come up. Make sure to prepare for questions that could combine different aspects like economic policies, leadership, and social impact across multiple periods.

As for the Civil Rights Movement (CRM), if it hasn't been fully covered, it could be worth revising key events, turning points, and influential figures. They might throw in a comparative question or something asking for an evaluation of CRM’s success or limitations.

Are there any sections you feel less prepared for, or are you mainly polishing up on these topics?

HSC
Your predictions for the exam seem pretty solid, especially with your reasoning about what’s been covered and what hasn’t. For Japanese advance and collaboration/resistance under occupation, it makes sense to expect something here since these are often neglected in exams. It might be worth focusing on primary examples or historiographical perspectives to strengthen your argument for these topics.

For Russia and Soviet Union, if they’ve already hit all the dot points, you're right that a repeat or broader question could come up. Make sure to prepare for questions that could combine different aspects like economic policies, leadership, and social impact across multiple periods.

As for the Civil Rights Movement (CRM), if it hasn't been fully covered, it could be worth revising key events, turning points, and influential figures. They might throw in a comparative question or something asking for an evaluation of CRM’s success or limitations.

Are there any sections you feel less prepared for, or are you mainly polishing up on these topics?
Mate why do you sound like chat gpt

la_sportive

HSC
Core hasn't seemed to have asked about occupation yet, would be nice if that was our 10-15 marker. Then also role of prominent individuals, impact upon minority groups hasn't been asked for a while (2021 and 2020 respectively). And also intentions and authority of the LoN (2021). But yeah I agree with others, best to just be prepared with a fundamental understanding for every point.

For Conflict, the ones that haven't been asked in the longest time are the initial expansion (hasn't been specifically assessed other than a kinda half-mention in 2019 since the syllabus change), strategies (last asked 2020), civilians in terms of occupation, resistance, slave labour (touched on in 2019), and occupation (last asked 2020). So I guess make sure you have essays for these ones, like surely given there's two essay questions, at least one of them, if not two, will be asked.

flyawaykay

HSC
Core hasn't seemed to have asked about occupation yet, would be nice if that was our 10-15 marker. Then also role of prominent individuals, impact upon minority groups hasn't been asked for a while (2021 and 2020 respectively). And also intentions and authority of the LoN (2021). But yeah I agree with others, best to just be prepared with a fundamental understanding for every point.

For Conflict, the ones that haven't been asked in the longest time are the initial expansion (hasn't been specifically assessed other than a kinda half-mention in 2019 since the syllabus change), strategies (last asked 2020), civilians in terms of occupation, resistance, slave labour (touched on in 2019), and occupation (last asked 2020). So I guess make sure you have essays for these ones, like surely given there's two essay questions, at least one of them, if not two, will be asked.
for core what do you mean by occupation? or were you meant to refer to opposition (which they asked once back in 2019)?

Edward34245

HSC
Any ideas on what the Arab-Israeli conflict question might be? Given the circumstances, I'm guessing it is going to be something very fact-based to avoid any potential controversy

flyawaykay

HSC
Thoughts on political transformation and emergence of stalin?
a broad political transformation question does seem likely, emergence of stalin not too sure about that but i have seen quite a few people predicitng that, i believe it's also pretty likely to get a totalitarianism question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)